How to filter all files having 16 bit per channel?

Started by kirk, September 14, 2021, 05:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirk

There is a "smart collection" option in Lightroom  to sort  16 or 8 bits per color.     

I think I once did in in imatch too somehow but can't recollect how. 

ps. found Photoshop::Header\BitDepth  in Value filter  but it only works for psd files and I need  such filter to work for any kind of files: psd, png, tiff etc.    Same as in Lightroom.

Mario

Different file formats store their BPP in different ways, and often not in metadata.
Or in different metadata tags, depending on the file format.
This makes it virtually impossible to "grab" all files with one metadata-based filter.
BPP is also not that important to warrant the extra effort to create a virtual IMatch Metadata tag for it (like IMatch does for Folder or File Format).

Anyway, IMatch stores the BPP the image library or WIC codec has determined in the {File.BPP} variable.
You can create a data-driven category using this variable to group your files by BPP.

Use these settings:

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kirk

Ok. I created it . How can I make all 16 bit files of my database appear in this category ?   And where I should set "16"    since I want 16 bit per channel images ?

Mario

Just update the category (click on the category and press Shift+F5). It is set to manual in the properties and will not update automatically.
This is for performance reasons. No need letting IMatch update this category all the time when you don't need it that often.

After the category has updated, you get one child category for each BPP value in your database (2, 4, 8, ... 32) and one category for other.

If you have never used data-driven categories before, I recommend reading Data-driven Categories
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kirk