Map panel - ways to move photos on map

Started by frlindla, May 28, 2021, 11:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frlindla

Hello.
Often I have to correct photos with wrong location on map/wrong coordinates. Photos taken with my phone can have totally different coordinates. They were shot the same day and on the same place. But I see this all the time: I often have to correct the gps-coordinates/move photos on map to the right location.

I know I can use the search function to find a group of photos in filewindow and then set the target marker on the right place.

But what if it was possible to right click on a photo or group of photos (get a pop up menu : edit location) and then drag/drop to the right place.

Could this be a faster way to correct wrong coordinates?

Mario

Select the files, place the target marker on the map and apply the target marker location to all selected files. Can't be quicker.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

frlindla

Well, I just think this could be an faster way ;) And wondered if you had been thinking of this way. In Imatch it is easy to see in the map which photos are located in wrong location. Just right click on a group of photos and browse through them. But to move them, you have to search for them to get them selected in the filewindow and then move them. I think it would be faster to just drag and drop them instead of searching first. Just my thoughts :D

Mario

You can reposition a file by dragging it's marker.
You can change the location of any number of files selected in the File Window via the target marker.
You can select files by drawing a circle or polygon on the map.

Selecting multiple files on the map by clicking, with focus and selecting handing, and the entire machinery behind it will be a lot of work.
And I need to do it twice, because OpenLayers does not support Google anymore (Google politics) and I have to implement every change thus for Google Maps separately.

File a feature request in the feature request board. If a sufficient number of users would like to have this feature added, I will consider it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook