Find special tags via windows serach bar

Started by vsammy, May 11, 2021, 11:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsammy

Hello,

I am still trying out workflows. At the moment I send my photos from the camera to Excire, have them tagged offline by the AI and import the results into iMatch.

In iMatch, face recognition and other keywords are then added.

The terms tagged by Excire are also in the xmp files after processing in iMatch:

----xmp-excire----

HierarchicalSubject
excire|content|place|outdoor|city*excire|content|architecture*excire|content|architecture|building*excire|content|people|face*excire|content|people*excire|content|people|category_person_count|trio*excire|content|people|group*excire|photography|dull*excire|content|people|face|frontal_face*excire|content|people|category_person_age|adult*excire|content|people|face|smile*excire|content|people|category_person_gender|male*excire|content|people|face|eyes_open*excire|content|people|face|eyes_closed*excire|content|people|face|beard

----xmp-dc----
Subject
Stadt*Architektur*Gebäude*Gesicht*Person*Drei Gesichter*Gruppe*Ungesättigt*Frontalansicht*Erwachsener*Lächeln*Männlich*Augen offen*Augen geschlossen*Bart*Fliederplatz

Now I would like to search for all images that have been tagged by excire. When I search for excire in the search bar, I get no results.
Am I doing something wrong?

Regards vsammy

Mario

Excire creates its own custom namespace and does not update the standard hierarchical keywords. Sigh. Which of course will cause problems along the way.

First make sure that IMatch has imported the proprietary data in the Excire namespace. By default it does not import custom namespaces.
In the Metadata Panel, set to Browser mode, do you see the proprietary Excire metadata?
If not, you must enable it in the Tag Manager, then reload the metadata of all files containing the proprietary Excire metadata.

Note that since they don't update the standard hierarchical keywords, IMatch produces hierarchical keywords during import from XMP-dc:Subject.
Not sure why you used * as a separator? Or does Excire write just one long keyword, separated by * ?
XMP-dc:Subject is a repeatable tag and each keyword goes into a separate "slot".
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

vsammy

Thanks for the explanation, Mario.

The seperator * is automatically set by Excire. They seems to use a log keyword.
In Browser mode I can't see any tags written by Excire, only directly in ExifViewer/sidecar xmp File.

In tag-Manager, what is the correct grup to enable?

regards
vsammy

Mario

ExifTool does not yet support the Excire namespace.
Herb asked about it in a thread in the ExifTool user forum: https://exiftool.org/forum/index.php?topic=12288.msg66473#msg66473

I would really wish software vendors would first support the standard XMP namespaces (e.g. to record keywords) and then put what is specific to their application into proprietary namespaces.
As long as ExifTool does not support this namespace, IMatch does neither.
Contact Excire and ask them to contact Phil and provide him with all details about their namespace. Phil can then add it to ExifTool and this will help many.

If they really store one long string of keywords separated by *, IMatch will it import as such - as one keyword.
The XMP subject is a repeatable field (an array), and each keyword must go into a new slot in that array. Not inventing strange schemes like adding keywords separated by * in the first field.
Only the Excire support can help you here. I don't bother with this.

The IMatch AutoTagger of course does all this right, updating keywords in XMP and hierarchcial XMP etc.

Proprietary file formats.
Patent-infested file formats.
Half-assed support for metadata in popular applications.
Storing standard XMP metadata not in standard XMP fields but proprietary namespaces.
Encrypting camera metadata to prevent others from reading it.
It's all a big heap of crap and I'm so sick about it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

vsammy

Hello Mario,

Just to inform (maybe some here also use a combination of Excire and iMatch), I have contacted the suport of Excire. A short excerpt from their mail (in german):

Quote[...]die Kopie der XMP Stuktur ist nicht ganz richtig. Tatsächlich werden die Daten in einzelnen Zeilen abgespeichert und haben auch kein Sternchen dazwischen. Das lässt sich am besten mit einem einfachen rtf-Texteditor betrachten.
Die Speicherung der Stichworte entspricht damit schon dem Standard.

Die Anregung zum Abspeichern von Hierarchien und auch die Anregung, sich mit dem Entwickler von ExifTool in Verbindung zu setzen, habe ich an das Entwicklungsteam weitergeleitet.

I have looked at some files output from the camera directly to Excire.
<xmp:CreatorTool>14.4.2</xmp:CreatorTool>
         <dc:subject>
            <rdf:Bag>
               <rdf:li>Stadt</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>Architektur</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>Gebäude</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>Gesicht</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>Person</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>Drei Gesichter</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>Gruppe</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>Ungesättigt</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>Frontalansicht</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>Erwachsener</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>Lächeln</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>Männlich</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>Augen offen</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>Augen geschlossen</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>Bart</rdf:li>
            </rdf:Bag>
         </dc:subject>
         <excire:hierarchicalSubject>
            <rdf:Bag>
               <rdf:li>excire|content|place|outdoor|city</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>excire|content|architecture</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>excire|content|architecture|building</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>excire|content|people|face</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>excire|content|people</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>excire|content|people|category_person_count|trio</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>excire|content|people|group</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>excire|photography|dull</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>excire|content|people|face|frontal_face</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>excire|content|people|category_person_age|adult</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>excire|content|people|face|smile</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>excire|content|people|category_person_gender|male</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>excire|content|people|face|eyes_open</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>excire|content|people|face|eyes_closed</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>excire|content|people|face|beard</rdf:li>
            </rdf:Bag>
         </excire:hierarchicalSubject>

It could be that part of the "problem" is caused by ExifTool.

QuoteThe IMatch AutoTagger of course does all this right, updating keywords in XMP and hierarchcial XMP etc.

Certainly true, but if I understand it correctly, my photos (even if they are reduced resolutions) are sent to an outside vendor for analysis. That's exactly what I don't want, one reason why I chose for facial recognition iMatch. Excire tags reasonably well other things - offline...

Regards
vsammy

Mario

I have based my comment on what you have shown us. ExifTool processes keywords in both XMP and IPTC always correctly, it does not invent * to separate keywords.
Maybe a misinterpretation on your part.

Attach a sample file so we can look at what Excire has written.
Until then, all is guesswork and we're just wasting time on both ends.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

vsammy

True.
Ok, found something. Did it with fresh pictures. Viewing with an editor shows correctly written separate keywords by Excire. After iMatch they are still there, good. The problem is ExifToolGui . This shows the tags in one line separated by *. Good to know.
Thanks for help.

Mario

Maybe this is how ExifToolGUI displays multiple keywords, don't know. Never have used it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator