Symbol for unconfirmed faces

Started by Rene Toepfer, April 02, 2021, 01:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rene Toepfer

Afterwards performing a Face Recognition and Face Annotation I have partially unconfirmed faces. Currently I change to People and filter by unconfirmed faces or using the Quick View panel. The big disadvantage of People is that it is over the complete DB and not just for the selected folder (or I have not yet found the switch that it shall be only for selected folder Just hit F4 for facial manager). With Quick View it is time consuming because I have to go picture by picture and wait until it's loaded by the Quick View panel.

Therefore, I propose to incorporate a symbol for the thumbnails which shows if a picture contains an unconfirmed face. This symbol should by a Collection, like the pins or dots. Such a symbol could be a face symbol with an overlayed/followed question mark. It would also be useful to filter by this Collection which could be a good addition to People.

Mario

QuoteCurrently I change to People and filter by unconfirmed faces

Why? Would using the dedicated Unconfirmed Faces collection not be easier? It shows all files with unconfirmed faces and you can then use the search bar or Filter Panel to drill down.

Quote(or I have not yet found the switch that it shall be only for selected folder).

I suggest you just use a folder filter in the Filter Panel. Or any other filter. The Filter Panel
This is how IMatch works: You look at a folder, collection, person, event, year etc. and when you want to further limit/restrict the files you see, you use the search bar or the filter panel.

Or, just select the folder in the Media & Folders View and enable the "People Filter" in the Filter Panel. Then tick the check box Files with unconfirmed faces. Problem solved. This is what I would do.
People Filter
Works with folders, categories, collections, timeline nodes, events, ...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook