IMatch Collections.Recently Viewed.Today Not Accurate?

Started by Darius1968, February 24, 2021, 04:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

So, earlier in the day, I accessed a one-page text file with IMatch, to display its contents via IMatch's Quick View.  So far, so good.  So, I now want to call up that very same file once more.  I figure, instead of going to the trouble to find the fully qualified path of that file by way of Media & Folders, I'd just simply use the IMatch Collections.Recently Viewed.Today route, from which point, this file is nowhere to be found!  Can you clarify why?  Making use of ExifTool Command Processor (ECP), there is indeed a variable entry for "File Access Date/Time", corresponding to today (Feb. 23, 2021). 

Mario

The file system access date maintained by Windows in the file system is not relevant for this collection.
ExifTool pulls this data from the File System every time you use it.

The collection remembers the files you have viewed in the Viewer (not in the Quick View Panel). Pushing all files viewed in the QVP would fill this collection with irrelevant data, e.g. when you move the selection in a file window while the QVP is open. This collection only considers deliberate views in the Viewer.

You can open the Recently Used App and let it sit in an app panel to track the last n used files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook