Unknown Persons (2,906) Should I run People Organizer on it?

Started by kiwilink, June 30, 2020, 06:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwilink

I have been running face recognition and under people I see "Unknown Persons" (2,906 files).  Should I be running "People Organizer" on it so it will organize the faces?   I can't run "face manager" on the "Unknown Persons" because it is greyed out.  I know if I run "People Organizer" than it will create "Person 2", "Person 3", etc. and then I can run face manager instead of sending the "Unknown Persons" only to the viewer.

Mario:  I think this is what I was referring to in an earlier post (Ignoring Face But It Still Tries to Match after I Ignore it- June 28, 2020) where I thought I had already hit Ignore on a face and then I see the face again and have to Ignore it again.  I'm positive  that I hit Ignore on these faces and now that I just ran people organizer they Ignore is gone.

Thanks!

Kiwilink

Mario

I have worked on that. Under some conditions, the background face processor ignored the ignore flag when reclustering faces. This has been documented and fixed.

Unknown person just means that the AI does not know these persons.
If these are important persons, you may want to assign a person yourself. If you don't care, you can ignore them all at once.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

Mario:

Thanks for the reply.  How should I proceed?  I spent about 9 hours going thru approx 5,000 faces (ignoring them) in 3,000 files.  Now that I ran the "Run People Organizer" on the "unknown persons" under people that were left I now have 106 individual persons under the "people view" and these same 5,000 faces are now back without the x. 

What is the best course of action for me so I don't spend 9 more hours hitting ignore? I don't want to ignore every face because some are ok.

Thanks!

Kiwilink

Mario

You can ignore all faces at once in a File Window (assuming that the face is the only face in the image).
Why do you want to keep these faces and ignore them? Would it no be better to just delete the face annotations?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

I have 139,000 images.  I have about 13,000 that I have run "Detect Face" on so far.  If I don't see the annotation symbol than I know I have to run face detect on those images.  Most of my images have multiple faces so I can't delete the annotations. 

Mario

Then at least wait until the new version is released which truly ignores ignored faces during reclustering in all situations. Until then, just do face detection on your other files. 100,000 images is not that much, a few hours tops. Before, create all persons and assign some faces to them. Then do the bulk. IMatch can then assign persons automatically.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

kiwilink