Hierarchical Thesaurus panel

Started by lucio, June 26, 2020, 04:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucio

Sorry, I've got stuck.
Probably a silly question but since a few days, after a fresh install of Windows 10, a fresh install of iMatch6  and after importing my database into it I can't figure out how to make the Hierarchical thesaurus panel reappear into the Keyword panel (see image attached). I've tried to re-import my thesaurus but nothing happens. In the Thesaurus manager and in the @keyword category tree everything is in order but I can't use the hierarchical thesaurus panel to select the keywords I want.

Probably easy to solve.

Regards.

thrinn

From your screenshot it looks as if you made this part of the keywords panel so small vertically that it disappeared. Otherwise the horizontal scrollbar would not be in the middle of the screen. Just try to drag the horizontal line a bit lower. Maybe this will help.
Possibly you have to try a bit to grab the correct line...
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

I actually had to make some experiments to produce this effect.
thrinn is right. You have made the thesaurus section so small, it does not show anything but the scroll bar.

Point the mouse cursor at the lower border of the scroll bar until it changes to the 'resize' cursor. Then left+click and drag down.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

lucio

I've tried but the panel is really empty even if I scroll the horizontal bar there's nothing. A further image attached with the panel expanded and the thesaurus manager open.
Thank you both for your prompt reply, regards.

thrinn

Do not try to scroll horizontally, using the scroll bar. Mario described it better than me: If you point the mouse at the bottom border of the scroll bar it should change to the resize cursor. If you then drag this border down, the missing section should appear again. This is somewhat difficult to explain without screenshots, but I am not  at home at the moment.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

lucio

Found it!
You were right, it was shrunk and hidden between the two borders above the horizontal scroll bar. I had to try carefully to grab the right border, I was always grabbing the higher one instead of the lower one changing nothing.
See attachment.

Thanks a lot!