'Events' and 'People' windows

Started by Joe Austin, June 03, 2020, 10:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Austin

Is there a way to remove them from view in Imatch 2020?

Mario

No. Why would you want to do that?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Joe Austin

I like to keep my UI simple and streamlined.   I shoot wildlife exclusively and do not have need of those tabs.   I'm also accustomed to having the 'Collections' tab on the end.

ubacher

I would suggest you consider EVENTS - not for events as such but to collect files
while selecting files for a project etc. When I use involved searches followed bu manual culling
I want to save the result even though I need it only temporarily.
I used to use a category for this but I find EVENTS more convenient.
Also: I use it a lot to save result windows
so that they survive a restart or crash.

Jingo

I just ran into this yesterday... needed to locate an image of a double-decker bus and was about to run a search across my entire database... then, remembered I had setup an EVENT for a LONDON trip.. clicked that instead, got my subset of images and ran a keyword search on that.. voila!

I had wondered how I would use Events since I already marked images with Keywords for Events.... the more I use it - the more I love it for narrowing things down with a few quick clicks.... Well served Mario!

Mario

Quote from: Jingo on June 06, 2020, 01:35:02 PM
(...) the more I use it - the more I love it for narrowing things down with a few quick clicks.... Well served Mario!

It grows on you.
Events can be immensely helpful for visually organizing files. Not instead of using categories or keywords. But in addition.
This is why I've created it so you can re-use your existing organization based on folders or categories with Events. Just put them into an event bucket, put a nice image on it and find it later with a single click.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook