Hi
If I use the very normal way of Geo-Mapping, I use this:

- open the map
- select a point on the map (Google)
- store
- reverse Geocoding via Metadata-Panel
- DONE  :D

Easy and nice.
But if I do then a Metadata-Analyst with this file, it shows me always 3 errors, see the attachement.
I think, this means these two fields:

{File.MD.XMP::exif\GPSAltitudeRef\GPSAltitudeRef\0}
{File.MD.XMP::exif\GPSTimeStamp\GPSDateTime\0}

Can I simply ignore the warnings or what can I do, that these fields are filled?
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

These are optional fields.
Is this after you have written back the file?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on May 26, 2020, 11:34:28 AM
These are optional fields.
Is this after you have written back the file?

Thanks, Mario
Yes, this is when I have written back the file. All my nefs (e.g. D750) does have this "warning".
As you know, IF you do check something, and you get an "all is OK", then fine.

But if there are warnings, even if they are not really necessary or "optional", it gives a "unsafe feeling" (ungutes Gefühl).  8)
Markus

Mario

The MDA is not designed for general useage. It is a helper tool for me, when a user reports issues with metadata.

Map providers usually don't return GPS timestamps (like a GPS device does) and the Altitude ref is by default correct.
If you consider this a bug, please open a bug report.
Include details about the map provider you are using.
Since it is not visible in your screen crop, also show us the XMP GPS data, which is what IMatch sets and works with. The native GPS record in the file is created by ExifTool from the GPS XMP data in the IMatch database.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Thanks, Mario

No, of course no bug.
I think, since it is specially for you to work with, the MA, you set all "warnings", what could be a problem.

But like you wrote, usually, if the map-panel does not set a GPS-timestamp, this will not affect something, I think.
It is simply not necessary, mostly.

Hence I ignore the warnings at the moment.
  8)

Markus