Problem because of USB-Slot?

Started by Buster, October 04, 2013, 04:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buster

Is it possible that changing the USB can be a problem? Last week I'd been in Belgium, but had forgotten my USB 3.0 Hub - so I plugged the HD directly to the notebook. I created a new database, updated yesterday to 1.18 without any problems, shut down IM5 as usual.
Now back home, I used the Hub with the HD (drive z: as before), bit IM5 told me, database had not been closed correctly and started with a white screen for a long time. After a while I could start the diagnosis, and now optimization lasts for 20 min already - IM5 does not hang.
Any idea?
Reiner
---
Best wishes,
Reiner

Mario

When IMatch shuts down it stored a flag in the Windows registry. If it does not shut down properly, crashes etc. this flag will not be set when it starts the next time. And then you'll get the "not shut down properly" message.

Maybe your USB hub is a severe performance bottleneck (they often are) and this slows down IMatch very much?

The log file is needed to tell more, because it tells me what IMatch is doing.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Buster

I will try to reproduce it. Otherwise let's forget ist. After 30 mins of optimziation everything works fine.
The hub is perfect and very fast (after four weak ones :().
:) Reiner
---
Best wishes,
Reiner