Unable to get Clarifai General model working

Started by Lapwing, April 04, 2020, 02:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lapwing

Hi
I'm trying to use the Autotagger. I've set up a Clarifai account with an app and an API key that allows everything.
When I use the Autotagger and specify in the Autotagger to use the General (Default) model I get this error returned in the Aww Snap window:

Snap!
An error occurred while communicating with the external service. See below for details.
{ "readyState": 4, "responseText": "{\"status\":{\"code\":21200,\"description\":\"Model does not exist\",\"details\":\"A model with ID 'aac759b489fa472c9ae3abf8b2972aac' not found. Check the url of your request.\",\"req_id\":\"7d67d9c20fc944e38893a1d8ee785f1d\"},\"outputs\":[]}", "responseJSON": { "status": { "code": 21200, "description": "Model does not exist", "details": "A model with ID 'aac759b489fa472c9ae3abf8b2972aac' not found. Check the url of your request.", "req_id": "7d67d9c20fc944e38893a1d8ee785f1d" }, "outputs": [] }, "status": 404, "statusText": "Not Found" }[/color][/font]

When I use the other models like Food or Wedding (in the Autotagger configuration) I get a valid list of keyword suggestions returned, though the keywords are often inappropriate because of the wrong model being used.

The model ID referenced in the Error window does not reflect any of the IDs I can see in the Clarifai account for the App or workflow etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Peter

Mario

It seems that Clarifai has deleted some models or changed their ids or version numbers.
No idea. When I have the time I'll go and check with them.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Lapwing

Hi Mario,
That's fine thanks. Whenever you get there.
On the Clarifai site the General (Concept) model has an Updated label on its picture in the model library page, so it's probably just that one.
Cheers
Peter

Mario

I have figured it out. They deleted the old model. Their docs say this can not happen and that using a version number (which AutoTagger does) makes all this change resistant.
This is one of the downsides of these disrupting ever-changing cloud services. They change stuff all the time.
And I don't recall getting a "breaking change - update your apps" email from them. Only marketing stuff...
Their customer portal crashes with an error when I try to access on of the API keys I have for the old model. So their portal also seems to have trouble with suddenly vanishing models...

Anyway, I have updated the configuration file for AutoTagger to use the (current) model id and version.
This should do until they delete that model as well.

1. Download the attached ZIP and extract the file.
2. Replace the file with the same name in

c:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\webroot\imatch\apps\auto-tagger

Restart IMatch afterwards.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Lapwing

Hi Mario
Sorry for the delay - I should have followed the thread.
All working now. Brilliant!
Thanks for your exceptional support again.
Best wishes
Peter

claudermilk

Great! I just ran into this last night and was going to post about it. Already solved!  ;D

Mario

That's the risk with the fancy Saas software companies. They are sometimes so fast and disruptive, it is hard to keep up with their API changes. And this means that things may break suddenly in IMatch.

I wrote them about the problem four days ago via their integrated feedback form but so far no answer.
I can also not longer use their customer portal to review my models - because it reports that a model ("general") no longer exits and then falls into an error loop. So even their customer portal seems to be surprised about this change. Despite the fact that their specs state that using a model in combination with a version number (which the AutoTagger does) should protect from exactly this kind of problem... C-
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

plastikman

I worked with both Clarifai and Imagga in hackathons we organized for Canon. Imagga is the nicer company of the two, I know the founders personally so if you need an introduction I can make it for you.

Mario

Thanks. AutoTagger already supports imagga.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator