IMatch is a Windows application, it does not run natively on Apple or Linux computers.
Minimal Configuration for IMatch
- PC with a Pentium-2 GHz or higher processor (or compatible)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (with platform update 1 – KB2670838), Windows 8, Windows 10 or later (both 32 and 64 bit supported).
IMatch 5 does not work on Windows XP or Windows Vista.
- 4 GB RAM
- Hard disk space: 150 MB for the IMatch software and accompanying files, several free gigabytes for the IMatch database and cache files. An SSD is recommended for best performance.
- 1300 x 700 screen resolution minimum
- Graphic adapter with support for at least Direct X 11 (Windows 7 with platform update 1), 1 GB Video RAM or more.
- Compatible Mouse or other pointing device
For larger databases with 100,000 or more images, 6 GB RAM and a hard disk with at least 100 GB are suggested. Like all database applications, IMatch benefits in many ways from fast hard disks or, even better, a fast SSD.
Configuration for IMatch Anywhere WebServices (IMWS)
Basically the same requirements as for IMatch above.
If you have only a few users or you work with small databases only, IMWS runs fine on low-end hardware like Notebooks or even a better-equipped ‘Stick PC’. For large databases > 100,000 files or many simultaneously active users, a more powerful PC with 4 or 8 cores and 8 or more GB RAM is recommended.
IMWS utilizes multiple cores well and benefits a lot from extra RAM for caching and a fast SSD for database and cache image storage.
RAW Format support via Windows WIC Codecs
In order to support certain camera RAW formats (e.g. Nikon, Canon, Sony, Fuji, Olympus, …) IMatch relies on the installed RAW codec (WIC codec) from the camera vendor.
Please visit the web site of your camera vendor for the most recent version of their codec and install them as explained on the camera vendor’s web site.
Please see this Know-how article for more information about Windows WIC codecs.