How to find files which have not finished importing/indexing completely.

Started by ubacher, November 28, 2020, 11:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

Before leaving home for a long trip I transferred my images to an external
SSD in order to have access to them on my laptop.
The database I transferred with P&G. Of course I had to relocate within Imatch.
On opening the db Imatch read in 10s of thousands of files which it, for reasons unknown to me, considered changed.

But what bothers me here is that during the reloading of that many images there are quite a lot (thousands?) which did
not finish the import process: the blue updating icon is still on.

I need to find these images and force-rescan them. Since these are a thousand among a total of about 300,000 files
I can not just do a blanket forced rescan of all files.

Is there any way to select those unfinished-imported files?

( I found that displaying the keyword panel will not finish updating
if among the selected files there is one that has not completed importing.
Is that a hint how one could find these files?)

Mario

There is no filter for "not imported files".
If IMatch fails to import files for some reason, use the log file to figure out what the problem is.
Then do a forced rescan.

Since this is a rather uncommon problem, I have no solution for your specific problem case. Maybe use a filter to filter for the files you've imported that day?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

Sorry: this topic is by mistake under IMA. Should probably be moved to regular IM.

I forced a rescan of about 10000 files. Again a lot of files failed to finish indexing.
I have a debug log file and I searched it for files which failed.
--> some files that failed have no entry in the log, others have but without any obvious errors!

There are warnings in the log but these are minor metadata errors and not associated with the failed files.

I am mailing the log and list to support.