IMA 2019.11.6 PROLP installation issues

Started by Aubrey, March 27, 2020, 10:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

Hi Mario,
I'm having difficulty running IMA 2019.11.6 PROLP on my Del M4400 (No AVX).
This the the first time that I've upgraded IMA to allow access to 2020 databases (I did not try with 2019.11.2 etc.)

When I try to run IMatch Webservices Controller (click on icon) I get the pop-up message:

IMatchWebServiceController.exe - System error (in heading)
The code execution cannot proceed because imws6PLPx64.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I then uninstalled 2019.11.6, then rebooted computer and reinstalled. Same issue.

Perhaps I'm about the only one using low powered PC to run IMA, and thus no other user has reported the issue; if this has a simple solution great, if not then don't spend time on it.

I plan to upgrade IMA PC (from ebay) as soon as Corona-virus lockdown finishes in Cyprus and flights from mainland resume.

Thanks,
Aubrey.

Mario

This is the first thing I hear. Yesterday I checked and there were zero downloads for the LP (low performance) version of IMatch.
I'm already thinking about stopping to produce it. Its way to much effort to produce 3 extra builds if nobody (or maybe less than a handful of users) needs them.

Your problem seems to be caused by the installer not installing a required file. Not sure what happened. Last time I've checked it worked just fine.
Installers are complex and currently I'm trying to reduce my work hours after the horrible past 3 weeks. So this may take a while to figure out and I would need to build an entire shipment.

You can contact me via support email address and I can send you a set of DLLs you can copy into the correct folder manually. This should help.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

No point in doing a rebuild for a few users. Just send the DLLS (email already sent to support).
Most IMA installers are pretty computer literate and know how to manipulate and move files etc.

Suggest you stop producing the LP builds.

Aubrey.

Aubrey

We had some email discussions...
I thought you were going to send me the missing dll (imws6PLPx64.dll ) to see if this would sort out the issue... if it doesn't then I'm willing to wait until I get new PC with AVX...

thanks,
Aubrey.

Mario

Just sending a DLL will not help, I'm afraid.
All this must be build to match, properly signed with my digital certificate and so on.

- since you seem to be the only person affected
- I could not immediately figure out why the build process is not working for the low performance version
- my inbox is flowing over and bits falling on the floor in my office
- work on the awesome face reviewer feature took more of my time than expected
- the effing Corona virus affecting everything in daily life
- etc.

I decided to wait until I will ship the next release for IMatch and Anywhere and get the build process correct so what comes out in the IMA build at the end can install and run properly.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

hi Mario
that's fine.
thank you for the clarification.
Most importantly, stay safe.
Aubrey

Aubrey

downloaded latest version

installed and starts up I a front panel. so looking good.
not yet checked with 2020 database
Thanks for your update

Aubrey

Mario

If it launches, all is well. All components needed are installed and accessible.
The "LP" version was downloaded only a few times (probably by you and my test downloads). I guess I will discontinue it. Just not worth the effort for 3 additional builds for one user.
Not having AVX is so rare these days. And new hardware so cheap... ;)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Aubrey

Quote from: Mario on April 12, 2020, 10:41:52 PM
I guess I will discontinue it. Just not worth the effort for 3 additional builds for one user.
Not having AVX is so rare these days. And new hardware so cheap... ;)

I just have to wait for the lock-down to finish in Cyprus so I can get an AVX PC on ebay (I use a dedicated PC for IMA for security) . There are currently no flights in/out of the island. Prices here for local pre-owned PC are silly!

I expect the current LP version will be sufficient to see me through.

Thanks again for the "fixing" of the LP version.

Aubrey.

Aubrey

I've just purchased a DELL Latitude E6320 (with AVX) solely for running IMA and for continuous Backblaze backups.Prior to this I was using a Dell M4400 (no AVX). I know it's old but more than sufficient to run IMA.

I should take delivery in a couple of weeks (land shipping from UK to Cyprus). Cost was 87 pounds (about 94 Euros) on ebay. It has 250 GB SSD and 8 GB of memory, these new would be more than cost of PC!

So not expensive and it should save Mario producing LP version.

Aubrey.

Mario

Very good. I'll think I'll phase it out soon. 3 versions less to build, which is good.

I have also discontinued the "Plus" versions of IMA in march. The introduction phase is over and people can now combine IMatch and IMA as they see fit. Also less complexity for me, the customer portal and support.

Next will be unification of the app code that runs in IMatch (and drives all apps, the People and Event features) and the code that is used by IMatch Anywhere WebViewer.
Creating it one platform from shared code. This will allow me to enhance IMA WebViewer and IMatch simultaneously or at least with less effort.
This will take some work, but the year is still fresh.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Aubrey

Dell Latitude e6230 (bought on ebay 87 pounds) arrived today.
I simply moved the disk from my Dell Precision M4400 to the e6230 and booted.
All up and running.
Installed the AVX version of IMA. Working a charm.
It's also faster to load.

So I have no need of LP version. (Wasn't an LP something that rotated on a turntable at 33 1/3 rpm?)

Aubrey.

Mario

Looking at the log files, the LP release was downloaded only a few times. Probably 3 or 5 times alone by me and testers.
I think it will be safe to discontinue it with one of the next releases.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator