Author Topic: People Filter sometimes does not exclude the expected files  (Read 132 times)

Tveloso

People Filter sometimes does not exclude the expected files
« on: March 18, 2020, 04:17:15 AM »
Occasionally when using the People Filter to select either all Confirmed, or all Unconfirmed Faces for a Person selected in the People View, the File Window contains both the Confirmed and Unconfirmed Faces (as though the filter is not active). 

The Filter is in fact active though - the File window shows the blue background at the top, with the counts of the Shown and Total files in the upper right (both showing the same value).

Sending files to the viewer and then closing the viewer seems to restore the function of the Filter.

I am not able to re-produce this behavior, but will try to be more mindful of what I was doing the next time it happens.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Re: People Filter sometimes does not exclude the expected files
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 09:06:08 AM »
Do you change the options in the Filter very quickly? Without waiting for the File Window to update in-between?

Tveloso

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 12:07:34 PM »
Mario:

I did wait for quite a while in between toggling the inverted state of the filter.

I have not been able to reproduce this at will...it has happened maybe 3 or 4 times.  Once, the filter was already in that state, upon launching IMatch.

I’ll keep an eye out for this and will send you a debug-level log if I see it happening again.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 02:46:14 PM »
I could not reproduce this here. Which does not mean much in such 'fuzzy' cases.
It can be a timing issue or depending on computer performance or the database size or the panels open, filter panel configuration ...

The more information you can gather, the better. Ideal would be step-by-step instructions for reproducing this  ;)

Tveloso

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 12:15:29 AM »
Mario, this is really minor, and probably not worth your time right now...but I had this occur again right at IMatch Startup.

I was working with Unconfirmed Faces for one person last night, and closed IMatch with the filter active in that state (and showing a smaller number than the total, as the current scope).

This afternoon when I opened IMatch, the filter was still active, but both counts were now the same:

I switched to Debug Logging, and toggled the filter to show only Confirmed Faces:

...and waited a while (took the ScreenShots, and was called away for a minute or two), but no change in the current scope:

Then I toggled the filter again (to once again show the UnConfirmed Faces):

...and again no change in the File Window. 

I then sent files to the Viewer, and just closed it again...and after about one or two seconds, the FileWindow updated to reflect what was being filtered for:

The Debug Log (attached here) doesn't contain any Errors or Warnings, so this is probably not much to go on, but I thought I'd post it anyway just in case.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 12:20:03 AM by Tveloso »

Tveloso

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 12:20:52 AM »
I exceeded the attachment count in my last post...here's the log.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 12:51:58 AM »
Isn't there already a similar open bug report?
Did you check and see if what is reported there matches your bug report?
Filing multiple bug reports causes extra work for both the user and me....

I know, I should triage and figure all this out, combining identical bug reports into one.
But I'm just one Mario against thousands of IMatch users...

If you have step-by-step instructions on how to produce this behavior, let me know.

ubacher

• Oldtimer
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 06:19:16 AM »
I was about to report the same problem: with the filter set to select one person and only unconfirmed faces
it still shows images which have unconfirmed faces but from another person.

Tveloso

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 01:13:21 PM »
Isn't there already a similar open bug report?
Did you check and see if what is reported there matches your bug report?
Filing multiple bug reports causes extra work for both the user and me....

I did look around a bit but didn’t see a bug report that covered this condition.  Hopefully you’re just remembering earlier posts in this one.  I’m so sorry if I did duplicate another one.

I was about to report the same problem: with the filter set to select one person and only unconfirmed faces
it still shows images which have unconfirmed faces but from another person.

Ubacher, does sending files to the viewer, then closing it again restore the filter’s function in your case as well?