Cannot un-pause filter

Started by DigPeter, March 05, 2020, 09:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigPeter

In timeline with a day selected, files from both C & G drives are displayed .
Filter is on 'auto' and set to show only files from C drive - 'panel filter', 'folder' and 'C drive' all checked, with latter showing '++' .
Top of filter panel shows 'Paused' and all files from both folders are displayed.
Ctlr, F6 switches filter to 'invert' and only G drive files are displayed.
Added later
Click on enable button and filter reverts to 'paused' and files from both drives are displayed.  Filter button is greyed out.

I have IM 2020-3. How do I get out of this?

debug log file attached.

Mario

I'm not sure that I understand (A screen shot often helps).

You are using the folder filter in the filter panel?
What happens if you click on the pause button in the filter panel toolbar?
The folder filter always combines the selected folders by OR (not AND).
Ctrl+F6 toggles the pause, not the invert option.
Do you use the English language version of IMatch?
What happens if you just close and re-open IMatch?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

DigPeter

Quote from: Mario on March 05, 2020, 10:13:59 PM
I'm not sure that I understand (A screen shot often helps).

You are using the folder filter in the filter panel?
Yes - see attached screen shot.

QuoteWhat happens if you click on the pause button in the filter panel toolbar?
Which button is this?

Ctrl+F6 toggles the pause, not the invert option.
When I do Ctrl+F6 from position shown in attachment, the inverse filter is activated and only G drive files are displayed.

QuoteDo you use the English language version of IMatch?
Yes

QuoteWhat happens if you just close and re-open IMatch?
The problem continues.  IM opens in the state in which it was closed, as shown in the attachment.

Mario

The screen shot shows an enabled pause button in the toolbar.
You cannot click this button to un-pause the filter panel? Or it enables itself again?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

DigPeter

Quote from: Mario on March 06, 2020, 01:53:59 PM
The screen shot shows an enabled pause button in the toolbar.
You cannot click this button to un-pause the filter panel? Or it enables itself again?
On clicking the yellow button, the same happens as  "Ctrl+F6"; the filter is activated in inverse mode.  On clicking again, the filter panel returns to paused mode and files from both drives are displayed. 

DigPeter

All my filters are acting in the same way.  For instance a filter just to show keyword "Mountains" displays all files except mountains on clicking the enable.disable button.  Then the filter button is yellow.  On clicking the enable button again, all files, including mountains, in the folder are displayed.  It seems as though somewhere, the filter is set to permanent invert.

Mario

Look at the funnel icon next to the pause icon.

Is this enabled (you can see it only when you un-pause the filter panel so I cannot tell from your screen shot above).
If this is enabled, the entire filter panel will be inverted and this would produce the results you get.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

DigPeter

Thank you Mario.  I have reinstalled and the problem has gone away.