Right click options for People Panel thumbnails

Started by graham1, February 28, 2020, 04:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graham1

Include as right click options in thumbnails:

"Delete Face Annotations"

Reason: if you know that none of the selected thumbnails has a Face Annotation that you will ever be interested in (e.g. in Unknown Persons), you can simply select multiple thumbnails and delete all the annotations (whether or not one per image).  It can be done from the Commands menu but an additional right click option would be quicker.

"Mark as Ignore"

This would mark all Face Annotations in the selected thumbnails (even if multiple annotations per thumbnail) as Ignore.  This would have more or less the same effect as the above, but if there are recurring faces which you do not want to be recognised again, it might be preferable to explicitly Ignore them, rather than just delete the annotations.  Include the same command in the Commands menu for those who prefer this.

"Send Unknown to Known Person"

If someone comes up as an Unknown Person, but is already a named Person, this would give an option to convert from the unknown ? Annotation in the selected thumbnails, to a named Person annotation, selected from the same type of list that appears when you click on a green square with a ? in the Viewer panel.  Presumably a warning or error message if any of the selected thumbnails has more than one unknown annotation.  Any already known annotations would be unaffected.

"Change Person"

If you have the wrong Person Annotation in a number of images, this would allow you to select thumbnails and change the selected wrong annotation to the correct one (e.g. wrong twin!)

Graham

hluxem

+1

QuotePresumably a warning or error message if any of the selected thumbnails has more than one unknown annotation.

While this will work well for only one person in the image, I think it would be nice to find a solution for multiple persons in an image. For batch assigning persons it would help to work with thumbnails of the face region rather than with thumbnails of the image. Maybe an app could be written to show and process thumbnails for the face regions rather than a thumbnail of the image.

Jingo

Quote from: hluxem on February 28, 2020, 08:17:06 PM
Maybe an app could be written to show and process thumbnails for the face regions rather than a thumbnail of the image.

This is what I had proposed in my other post as well.. a way to quickly show the face regions and contents for a selected image (images).  I took a quick look but the IMWS and developer endpoint documentation for face detection doesn't appear to be available.  Though the person view app does have GET endpoint info, this is specific to the Person itself... not the annotation data.

Winfried

sinus

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

thrinn

+1 from me with some slight addition.

Quote from: graham1 on February 28, 2020, 04:30:37 PM
"Mark as Ignore"
This would mark all Face Annotations in the selected thumbnails (even if multiple annotations per thumbnail) as Ignore.  This would have more or less the same effect as the above, but if there are recurring faces which you do not want to be recognised again, it might be preferable to explicitly Ignore them, rather than just delete the annotations.  Include the same command in the Commands menu for those who prefer this.
Confirmed faces should not be touched. So, instead of marking all Face Annotations in the selected thumbnails as Ignore, this should be restricted to unconfirmed and unassigned faces.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Tveloso

Quote from: hluxem on February 28, 2020, 08:17:06 PM
For batch assigning persons it would help to work with thumbnails of the face region rather than with thumbnails of the image...

+1
--Tony