IMatch 2020 help topic already online?

Started by axel.hennig, February 26, 2020, 09:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Mario

Yes. I was in the middle of shipment. But then was again stopped dead in the tracks by 'issues' with the shop system I use.
I could have shipped already, if my distributor would get their web site working... two or three days lost at least.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ben

;D ;D
What a long description page.
Cannot wait for it..

Mario

Quote from: ben on February 26, 2020, 11:35:14 PM
;D ;D
What a long description page.
Cannot wait for it..

This is a paramount feature. I think I have thought "face recognition" through to the end. Or at least to 90%.
You can do so much more than just 'tagging' people in images. Once you have tagged persons, you can filter, sort, use variables everywhere, display data in File Windows, data-driven categories, ...

This is all part of the IMatch Graph™, introduced in IMatch 2020.

It's like IMatch Events. Unless you have seen it, you don't know how much you've missed it.
Organizing files based on events feels so natural to most users. I wonder why I did not add this long ago.
(Actually I know why: Technology was not ready. The user interface for events, and people, is built using modern web technology and IMatch Anywhere WebServices™).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ben

I already have a question to "people"  ;)
I have a category "people" with all people I know in sub categories.
Can I use these categories to create new "people" as a starting point for face recognition?

Mario

Quote from: ben on February 27, 2020, 12:04:29 AM
I already have a question to "people"  ;)
I have a category "people" with all people I know in sub categories.
Can I use these categories to create new "people" as a starting point for face recognition?
No. This has been asked before. 3 or 5 days ago.

The key point is that the face recognition AI works automatically. You let it detect faces and then assign a person to 3 or 5 faces. Then the AI knows how the people "look" and finds people in your entire database. And groups your files by person in the People View.

Your existing category hierarchy may help you with confirming people, filtering to find missing or wrong assignments, though.
And it allows you to organize files in hierarchies based on people.
Or you later setup a data-driven category based on family name, first name or whatever to group your files based on detected persons automatically.

The new face recognition feature is optional.
And it integrates with what you already have. You use it as you see fit and as it works best for you.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

kiwilink

Can you use the face recognition feature to find duplicates?

Mario

Quote from: kiwilink on February 27, 2020, 01:03:17 AM
Duplicates of what?

IMatch has features to find binary duplicate images, similar images etc.
There is now also an option to consider the 'placement' face when searching for duplicates, as a secondary criterion (similar images with faces in similar locations are considered better matches).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

ben

Quote from: kiwilink on February 27, 2020, 01:03:17 AM

Sorry, my question was not clear. I have read the previous posts.
I just thought to create the person's based on my current category. Without assigning them to pictures.
That's the first recommended step to do, right?

Mario

You can create persons on-the-fly in the Viewer, in the The Person Selector.
Or you create all persons up-front (e.g. using your categories) and then just assign them in the Viewer.

It will become clear what works best for you once you have tried it out.
Ps.: IMatch 2020 is now officially available. I'm currently busy updating the web site, the customer portal, announcing it everywhere.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

ben

Quote from: Mario on February 27, 2020, 01:53:15 PM
Or you create all persons up-front (e.g. using your categories) and then just assign them in the Viewer.

Would you share the secret? Is it written somewhere in the help?
How do i create new persons (no assignment) from a category containing one sub-category per person.

Mario

There is no "create persons from a list of categories" feature, if this is what you are looking for.
Persons can only be created manually from the Person View or via the Person Selector dialog box (Create New...).

In my experience from the beta test, it does not really take long to create 20, 50 or even 100 persons. I don't know how many persons you have to manage, though.
You can use "clone" in the Person Editor to clone an existing person. Which is pretty helpful for, e.g., family members.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

ben

Quote from: Mario on February 27, 2020, 08:49:19 PM
There is no "create persons from a list of categories" feature, if this is what you are looking for.
Persons can only be created manually from the Person View or via the Person Selector dialog box (Create New...).

In my experience from the beta test, it does not really take long to create 20, 50 or even 100 persons. I don't know how many persons you have to manage, though.
You can use "clone" in the Person Editor to clone an existing person. Which is pretty helpful for, e.g., family members.

Ok, thanks.