APP: Flat Keyword Stripper

Started by Jingo, February 22, 2020, 09:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Hi everyone... had some free time today so figured I would write a quick app to solve a problem I had in my database... flat and hierarchical keywords within images.  For some reason, along the way I must have changed the preference to store hierarchical keywords as flat - which caused me to have a mix of flat and hierarchical keywords.  Sometimes, there are only flat keywords for which I already have a hierarchical equivalent but I might have been lazy and didn't choose the right one.  Other times, I have both the correct hierarchical keywords along with their parent and leaf flat entries which I would like to clean up.

Instead of manually removing them, I wrote a quick app that will automatically remove flat keywords from the selected images.  To use, simply select a group of keywords and hit the delete key.  Voila - all flat keywords are removed leaving behind any hierarchical items that may exist.  I provided a quick visual to see the keywords the system found so you can review prior to deletion if you wish.

So.. without further ado....

All Important App ICON!

App in action:

To install, just unzip the KeyStripper.zip file and place the app folder into your C:\ProgramData\photools.com\imatch6\webroot\user\ path.  When you launch IMatch, the app will appear in the app manager.  As always.. use with caution... and be sure you know what you are doing!  While I have tested the app, I make no guarantees it won't wreak havoc!  :P

Enjoy!!

dcb

Plenty of times I could have used this  :) Thanks.
Have you backed up your photos today?

Jingo

Glad to help.... I love extending the application through APP's and as Mario keeps adding more and more core functionality to IM as JS capable windows, the more I can extend it.  Seems not many folks visit this board though but I'm always looking to help through ideas!

Enjoy the app!