Author Topic: Filter results inaccurate  (Read 110 times)

Stevef48

• New Members
Filter results inaccurate
« on: February 14, 2020, 11:32:21 AM »
I am trying to find all images without keywords, by filtering all images with a keyword, the inverting the result.
Imatch recalculates all data driven categories when I start it, as expected, but then immediately recalculates again once, or twice.
Setting the filter causes another recalculation and the resulting display shows all images. ie Inverting the result has no effect.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance,
Steve

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Filter results inaccurate
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 01:59:35 PM »
The filter panel is inverted (toolbar funnel button), this means all active filters are invested. Is more than one filter active?
What happens when you instead just invert the Value Filter ("invert the result option")?
Or when you use the category filter on the @Keyword category representing your keyword?
The Value filter searches the entire database for the hierarchical keyword tag, maybe there is a discrepancy?
What happens if you invert the filter and back?

Impossible to tell more just by looking at a screen shot. If this is reproducible you could upload your database somewhere so I can try to reproduce this here.

Stevef48

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 01:41:41 PM »
As far as I can tell only one filter was active. Is there a simple way to remove all filters? The display did not change when I inverted it.
I haven't made much progress, because as I said earlier, iMatch keeps updating data driven categories. This takes a long time and restarts immediately it finishes. I've now deselected the option to refresh data driven categories when idle, as iMatch seems to think it's idle when I'm assigning categories.
My intention was to identify all images without keywords, but that is not necessary as I've found a workflow category that does just that.

The Workflow Category 'No Keywords' doesn't display any files, although I have many files without keywords in iMatch (See attached).

I'll reread the help about filters, because at present I don't understand what is going on. The database is far too big to share online - 5.93 gb, but I will make a small one and see what happens.
Regards
Steve

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 02:10:17 PM »
A data-driven category update takes only a few milliseconds, or seconds if your database is large (100,000 files or more).
The categories are only calculates when needed. When something happens in the database that invalidates the data, and the data is required for display or other features.
When you assign keywords to files, you invalidate @Keywords of course - which then needs to re-calculate. Also other data-driven and formula-based categories depending on whatever change you made. This is normal and usually you won't even notice this.

When they are calculated all the time without you doing anything, maybe IMatch is still busy ingesting images in the background? Check the status bar at the bottom or the Info & Activity panel to know.

The Keywords Value filter, the @Keywords category and the formula used for the "No Keywords" standard category all work with the same data. They search the XMP hierarchical keywords tag for all files. If they all agree that your files have keywords but the Keyword Panel does not show anything...maybe your files contain "empty" keywords or keywords consisting of blanks?

Did you run a The Database Diagnosis to ensure the database is OK?
What happens if you ingest the selected file in the screen shot (without keywords) again using Shift+Ctrl+F5 > Reload Metadata? Any change?
Select the same file and then run the ExifTool Command Processor: Tools menu > ExifTool Command Processor.
Select the "All Keywords" preset and run it. Does the file show any keywords on the right side?