How can I take the color of a category to the file window?

Started by Menace, June 26, 2013, 10:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menace

Hi,

I try a short explanation, what I want and what I already did.

I want:
That the categories, which are not written in the file directly (via XMP, ID3Tag, Exif...) anyhow shown in (at least) the browser window. This are shown in the color the categories have.

I already did:

• Create categories with 3 Levels
  • Assign files with the categories
  • Change a column to "Benutzerdefinierte Vorlage"
  • Benutzerdefinierte Inhalt: "{File.Categories.Direct|filter:^Performer;level:leaf}"

All is fine except for the color. Is there a possibility, that also the right color of the category-text is shown?

Is there a possibility to let the categories write as "[category before leave]category leaf"  ; like [Guitar]Steve Vai; [Guitar]Frank Zappa    or for the images [Blütenfarbe]rot; [Blütenblätteranzahl]:5

How so often I like to say, IMatch is awesome. Always, when I have time to work with and try new stuff, I get a big grin on my face like:  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

I maybe could be done if there would be variables which allow you to access the color-coding information from categories. But there are many pitfalls, e.g. when a file is assigned to multiple categories, which color to choose...

Category colors can currently be accessed from scripts and Apps. You can also configure the Keyword Panel to use the colors assigned to the corresponding @Keyword categories.

There are no variables which allow you to access the color codes of categories. You may want add a feature request for this.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Menace

Quote from: Mario on June 26, 2013, 11:03:49 AM
But there are many pitfalls, e.g. when a file is assigned to multiple categories, which color to choose...

Oh, that means that there are many pitfalls, because there would be a lot of different colors.

QuoteCategory colors can currently be accessed from scripts and Apps.
Ok, I see. This is my next duty in my freetime, because until now I have no Idea how I can solve this. But how say it in german: Man wächst mit den Aufgaben. :D

QuoteYou can also configure the Keyword Panel to use the colors assigned to the corresponding @Keyword categories.
No solution for me, because the are not assign into the files or XMP.

There are no variables which allow you to access the color codes of categories. You may want add a feature request for this.

This is not so important yet. I'll wait, after the final is out.  :)