Request that Favorites Panel handles tabs like Categories Panel

Started by PaulS, December 30, 2019, 11:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulS

I use the Categories Panel and Favorite Panel extensively.  Both currently allow multiple user-defined tabs which is extremely useful.

However, I prefer how the Categories Panel handles tabs.

The Categories Panel shows tabs in multiple rows so you can see all at once and quickly select the one you want.  Favorites panel requires you to click on arrows to select different tabs and you need to remember the relative position to know whether to go left or right.

This request is to modify the Favorites panel to be consistent with the Categories Panel.

One additional request is to make the icon for selecting the Favorite sets a gear which is what is used in the Categories Panel.

Mario

You are forcing the categories panel into a very small space.
Did you consider docking it to the top/bottom, to spread the whole IMatch window size?
This is what most users do. No scrolling for the tabs. LOTS of space for favorites.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

PaulS

Thanks Mario.  I was hoping that there might be some relatively easy code reuse that could make the interface consistent between the two panels.

But I took your suggestion and significantly rearranged my workspace (for the first time in 4 years) including putting the Favorites across the bottom.

My initial reaction is that I find it easier to find a Favorite when the list is vertical rather than spread horizontally, but I will try it this way for awhile.

Mario

For IMatch 2020 I have unified how the tabs in the Favorites and Categories panel work.
Both now also use the global panel tab layout setting you can configure under Edit > Preferences > Application.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

PaulS

PaulS