Create, Name, and Save Results Windows

Started by fincire, November 09, 2019, 04:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fincire

Apologies if this has been brought up before.

Results Windows are very helpful to stay on task when working with lots of files, but I think that they could be even more powerful. I'd particularly like the ability to name Results windows, so users could be more descriptive than Selection [1], Selection [2], etc. Another potential improvement would be a toggle in the Search File Window and/or Filter to automatically roll up the results of a search into a new Results Window.

It's more a quality of life improvement than a burning need -- you can do it manually -- but it would really help my workflow to be able to click a box labeled "send search results to a new tab," then name that tab something descriptive. 

Jingo

This would be pretty basic to do in an APP..  in fact - my Fancy Search app (check out the Apps Forum) already does most of this... it allows you to search the database or file window for any phrase and pinpoint the exact metadata fields to search through.  The results are opened in a new results window with the a total/count and the search info as the tab descriptor.  It would be a minor change to add a new text box for the user to supply a tab descriptor and use that instead if it exists.  Hope this is helpful....  Andy.