Author Topic: Rating and Labels are not updated in file window while a filter is active  (Read 179 times)

Thomas

• New Members
If I change the rating (via keyboard 1-5) or label in the file window while a filter is active, the display in the file window is not updated. The status bar shows the correct "values".

Version 2019.8.4

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
What kind of filter do you have activated? In the Filter Panel?
I have tried with various enabled filters, but pressing 1 to 5 changes the rating and the file window updates immediately. No other reports either...
We need more details.

Thomas

• New Members
I have activated a filter via Filter Panel, in this example just to filter for red pins, see screenshot "Filter.jpg".

"Screenshot.png" shows the problem: I changed the rating of the selected photo from 2 to 3 stars and the label from yellow to red. The status bar shows the correct values, the file window still the old ones. Changing the size of the IMatch window updates the values (since the photo is redrawn.)

Several folders are selected. Looks like this problem has something to do with that. If only one folder is selected, all works fine.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
I tried that. Select multiple folders, display them with hierarchy in the file window. With filters for collections (like in your example) and also other filters. Changing rating works in all cases, immediate FileWindow update.

I see that you are working with versions. Do you perhaps propagate rating and this is causing some confusion?

Thomas

• New Members
Yes, I'm working with versions. RAW-file (in my case .orf) and JPG-file. The propagation usually works fine.

Therefore in my opinion this has nothing to do with propagation, but is just a display update problem. As I wrote: Changing the size of the IMatch window (which causes a redraw of the screen) updates both label and rating. Furthermore if I toggle the version stack (i. e. press "t" to show both the .orf and .jpg file) the screen is also updated and both files are shown with the correct label and rating.

I tried this on another computer (with the same database) and after a while of switching the filter (just filter for red pins) on and off and select different folders I got the same problem. Unfortunately I didn't find a way to safely reproduce this behaviour yet.

But I saw this several times during my work with IMatch recently.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Let me know if you find a repro case.

Thomas

• New Members
I tried several things now with a copy of my database:
- disabled all relations -> no impact
- selected only one folder instead of multiple folders -> no impact
- removed most of the foldes (my database contains about 82000 photos) -> small test scenario with 900 photos -> no impact

No impact means, that the problem still occurs: As soon as I activate the filter (as described, just filter for red pins) and then change the rating, the status bar shows the correct value, but the file window the old one. That is almost always the case. I can reproduce that.

Then I created a new database and imported just the 900 photos. With that new database all works fine.

So it looks like this has something to do with my database. I ran Database Diagnostics, no errors or problems.

Are there any database specific settings which can cause that problem? Will a log file help? What can I do to help you reproduce?

By the way: I'm using IMatch for many years (since V3.6?), so the database was converted several times over the years.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
No, idea.

Does the file window refresh the rating when you click into it and then press <F5>.
How many files do you show? Maybe a timing issue or something?
But I just tried with 100,000 files, filtered down to 60,000 files using a filter and the rating still updates immediately...

sinus

• Global Moderator
  • IMatch-User since 2001 (IMatch 3.6)
Also no idea.
But on your screenshot IMatch is still working. (the icon on the bottom right), Maybe it works still and is not finnished (because also versions-work).?
Only a wild guess.

In my case, if I change e.g. some stuff and want to do some work, I have to wait till this icon is finnished, before I can go ahead, this takes sometimes no-time, sometimes 30 seconds.
It depends of course of the changes, what I have done.

If I do then something, before it has ended, my result will be false (e.g. stacks not all images).

Did you try this with non-versioned images? Can you repro then also?

As I said, else no clue.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus