Author Topic: Hide data driven categories in Properties panel  (Read 86 times)

clpratt

Hide data driven categories in Properties panel
« on: July 11, 2019, 02:45:39 PM »
The Category panel currently shows all category types including Data driven categories.
As far as I understand it is not possible to assign a data driven category so I don't see the necessity for them to be displayed here.
So I would like the option to hide data driven categories in the Category panel please.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Hide data driven categories in Properties panel
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 03:08:07 PM »
You can hide data-driven and @Keywords categories from the Current tab via the toolbar buttons: The Current Tab

Like the Category View, the Category tree always displays all categories. I don't think a change is needed here.

a) You can assign files to all data-driven categories under @Keywords
b) Data-driven categories are usually (and recommended) tucked away below a top-level category. Which means you can hide them easily by collapsing the top-level category once.
c) Even if not, the data-driven category itself can be collapsed easily.
d) You can prevent the 'un-folding' of categories with the 'Follow' button in the toolbar.
e) You can easily define views on your category tree in separate tabs, leaving data-driven categories out completely: Working with Additional Category Tabs

« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:13:49 PM by Mario »

clpratt

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 03:49:13 PM »
Thank you for your detailed reply Mario, I shall try your suggestion e).

thrinn

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 04:01:08 PM »
And just to mention another possibility to view the currently assigned categories: There is also the "Category Dashboard" app.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA