IMatch Application Has Stopped Working

Started by Engel, May 26, 2019, 08:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engel

Hello,

IMatch is showing the "IMatch Application Has Stopped Working" when I open a database that I use on a daily basis (and for years). I also point out that the window "database diagnosis" opens first and just after the error message "Imatch has stopped working".
What is weird is that I have another database that Imatch opens without any problem.

I would like to provide you the log file but I don't know how to add an attachment to my message (?)

Thanks a lot for your help, I am botanist and all my photos (more than 37000) are classified with Imatch and it is really an essential work tool for me....

Mario

To attach the ZIPped log file use the "Attachments and other options" feature directly below the post editor.

Did this happen suddenly?
What happened before?
Have you tried to reboot your computer?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Engel

Thanks for your answer,

It's working again !

I launched another database that wasn't crashing, filed some images and closed it properly. Then I reopened the base that didn't work and now it works! maybe there was a conflict between the 2 bases?
I have already encountered this type of problem but it has never lasted this long and in general the simple fact of rebooting my computer was enough.

I have attached the logfile if you are interested and if it can help you improve Imatch (I am also curious to know the reasons for this crash and what to do if it happens again, it is such an important software for me!)

Mario

The attached file is not an IMatch log file.

From the description I guess this crash was caused by the user interface toolkit during the stage where IMatch restores the workspace.
I remember a similar support case from a while ago. This is very rare and almost impossible to reproduce (depends on the database, workspace, settings, ...)

If this happens again, you can use the Advanced Startup Options (Recovery) options and tell IMatch to reset the default workspace.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook