Also Create keywords when applying IMatch Locations

Started by Tveloso, March 13, 2019, 02:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tveloso

The Geo & Maps configuration options include a Create keywords from this expression parameter that allows Keywords to be created from the Location Data that is populated by a Reverse Geocoding operation.  This is a request to have that expression evaluated and applied, also when IMatch Locations are applied to an image.

This would allow users that do not have Automatic Reverse Geocoding enabled, but who have several Locations defined, and the Apply Metadata Templates option in Edit Menu > Preferences > Indexing set to "Assign Location based on GPS data", to also benefit from that "Auto-Keywording functionality"
--Tony

Mario

I gave this some thought but it was too complicated.
Metadata Templates and Geo Locations are processed by the IMatch Engine, but the keyword setting for reverse geo-coding is an IMatch feature and linked to the reverse geo-coding user interface processing.

Instead, I have added a feature to Geo Locations which allows you to provide a list of keywords for each location. Variables are supported as well, so you can use expressions like {File.MD.country} or {File.MD.city} in your variables. And literal text of course.

I think this is a much more flexible solution. See Release Notes for more info.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Tveloso

Thank you so much Mario!

Another example of a user not really knowing how to ask for what it is that they would like...but you still providing it.

Thanks again.
--Tony