A reminder when closing IM5, and if there are unwritten metadata

Started by sinus, September 16, 2013, 08:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi Mario,
thread https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=860.msg5231#new

The problem is, if we have unwritten, pending metadata and we close IMatch, we could run in trouble, if we then use these images in other programs.
The second reason is also the speed, this is why a lot of users will not enable the "write immediately metadata".

To prevent this, it would a great help, if IMatch would display a reminder, that there are unwritten metadata. Maybe it is possible to check then in this reminder - box a command like "write pending metadata, and after this, close IMatch".

Or in your own words in the thread:  :)

"IMatch should display a reminder when I close it and there are files with unwritten metadata"

Thanks, Markus
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Richard

Hi Markus,

When I go to shut down my computer and there are Microsoft updates pending, there is a dialog like what you are asking for. That or other dialogs will ask what I want it to do when it is done. Like shut off the computer (Hibernate or whatever) or return to Windows. I would like those same options when I close IMatch. That way I can pick what suits best - if I am going to bed of just taking a break.

Actually I liked your original mention of this idea. How nice it would be if IMatch would finish writing back metadata, then run the diagnosis can compact so that the database is ready to use or to backup. That way the database is in top condition when True Image backs up my computer at 4:00 AM.

Ferdinand