Run Adobe Bridge with arguments

Started by Carlo Didier, February 05, 2019, 02:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Didier

Has anyone tried to run Adobe Bridge with a parameter (like a folder name)?

In a command prompt, this works perfectly:
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CC 2019\Bridge.exe" "D:\Photos"

But this just won't pass the parameter to Bridge:
            $(document).ready(function () {
                 IMatch.shellExecute({
                     'executable' : '\"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Bridge CC 2019\\Bridge.exe\"',
                     'parameters' : "D:\\Photos",
                     'showwindow' : true
                 });
                console.log("started?");
                IMatch.modalClose();
            });

I tried "D:\\Photos", 'D:\\Photos', '\"D:\\Photos\"', etc, etc, nothing works!
Bridge just opens at the last folder it displayed when it was closed.
Javascript is driving me nuts once again ...

Mario

No problems here. I use this code:

IMatch.shellExecute({
    'executable' : '\"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Bridge CC 2019\\Bridge.exe\"',
    'parameters' : '\"c:\\data\\webDBImages\"',
    'showwindow' : true
});

Bridge crashes on me half the time or freezes as usual. But it opens in whatever folder I specify in my test app.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Carlo Didier

Quote from: Mario on February 05, 2019, 04:01:21 PMBridge crashes on me half the time or freezes as usual. But it opens in whatever folder I specify in my test app.
Same thing here, nearly half of the time I start it from a script it gives an error with the display driver and freezes. After that it looses the configuration of the panels ... Never happens when I start it directly, only from scripts and with parameters. I think it's since the last update.
I attach a screenshot of the error. Do you get the same or similar?

Carlo Didier

Strange. I did a copy/paste of your code and changed the path and now it works ...
Did a compare of my old version and yours and they are identical, except for the path.
Heaven alone knows what it's problem was!

Mario

Yep. This came new with one of the recent updates. I get these also when I start Bridge from START or the task bar.
But I never use Bridge so I don#t care. It may mess up metadata etc. And I have IMatch  ;D

I just updated it today and tried your app to see if it works.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Carlo Didier

I use Bridge and ACR all the time and it never crashed on me, except after some update lately and only when I start it from another program or script.

Mario

Who knows what Adobe did this time.

They use a platform-neutral ui library of their own doing, and hence don't really integrate with any platform properly.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator