Variables and Design & Print

Started by sinus, February 15, 2019, 10:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi all,

Some of you know that I do a lot with Design & Print. I find it a wonderful tool.
Variables are just as cool and if you combine both, things are possible that I didn't dare to think about before.

Here's just a short thing:
If you make a dynamic template and work with groups (categories), then you can for example set that each group has a different image (as background e.g.) and a different color.
In the attachment (which looks a bit wild) you can see about 3 groups (Gr1 ...). Each group has a different color (red, green, blue) at the bottom of the image and (more difficult to see) a different image as background.
This helps the viewer of such a document a lot to distinguish the different groups, especially if there are about 20 groups like in my case.

All you need to do is use variables.
In the case of the color strip at the end of the page, this is a rectangle container with the variable:
{Print.Group.Index|is:1,#ff0000;is:2,#00ff00;is:3,#0000ff;is:4,#ffff00;is:5,#ffc8ff;is:6,#ffdcff;is:7,#e1ffff;is:8,#ffffe1} ....

(I don't know how long such a construct can be maxmimal)

In the case of the background image (with opacity) it is a graphic container with this variable:
{Print.Group.Index|is:1,C:\sinus-icons\fruits2.JPG;is:2,C:\sinus-icons\fruits.JPG;is:3,C:\sinus-icons\fruits1.JPG;is:4,C:\sinus-icons\fruits2.JPG;is:5,C:\sinus-icons\fruits3.JPG;is:6,C:\sinus-icons\fruits4.JPG;is:7,C:\sinus-icons\fruits5.JPG;is:8,C:\sinus-icons\fruits7.JPG}

Means translated, if the group is 1 (the first group), then use the color #ff0000 and the image C:\sinus-icons\fruit2.JPG.
If the group is 2, then use the color #00ff00 and the image C:\sinus-icons\fruit.JPG and so on...

Maybe this hint will help one of you.
Have fun.

BTW: this doc has at the moment 128 pages, all automated, try this with another DAM or Layout-Programm   ;D
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook