Flags and Metadata

Started by Aubrey, February 14, 2019, 01:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

Flags
I don't see flags, dots or pins in rating label - are these only available in IMatch?

Metadata
I clicked on Metadata in the dropdown list, IMatch Anywhere took a little time (more than a minute) to process this.
1. Is it possible to abort the operation? I really didn't want to get the metadata!
2. If not possible to abort, perhaps a warning message to say this data will take a little time to process....

Aubrey.

Mario

To see collections in the IMatch Anywhere WebViewer file window, enable the corresponding options in the layout drop-down menu.
The IMatch WebViewer help explains everything about this menu. Search for collection to find the corresponding info.

You clicked on "Metadata" in which drop-down list?
Do you mean you opened the Metadata panel in the Navigator on the left?
And it took a long time?

How many files were in the file window at that time?
How large is the database?
Wired or wireless connection?
Which browser?
Running on which platform?
What is your system and network spec?

Please always attach the IMatch Anywhere logfile when reporting performance. You can access it directly from the IMatch WebService Controller.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

Quote from: Mario on February 14, 2019, 03:14:18 PM
You clicked on "Metadata" in which drop-down list?
Do you mean you opened the Metadata panel in the Navigator on the left?
And it took a long time?
Correct

How many files were in the file window at that time?
How large is the database?
Large 82,000+

Wired or wireless connection?
Through WAN not running locally.

Which browser?
Running on which platform?
What is your system and network spec?
Google Chrome
Windows 10
30 MB/s download.  (from Linux/reverse proxy, with upload rate of 8 MB/s)

This was more of a general comment when I make a mistake! If one clicks the wrong button, one can have to wait a while for result to be loaded if there are too many files. An ESC would be nice - but probably not possible, other than a reload/login again.

Thanks,
Aubrey.

Mario

Usually this panel opens in a few seconds. Even it it has to load all data fresh from the server.
We would need the log file and the network traffic logged by your browser when you enabler the Debug mode (F12) to see what is taking so long.
All this panel is doing is to get the metadata for the files in the file window and then producing the grouping. 150 files is nothing and there should only be a very short delay, if at all.

Show us a screen shot of what the panel is showing.
And the IMWS log file from that session. See the log file help in the documentation to see where you can find this log. it is in the system TEMP ("c:\Windows\Temp" usually) folder, not your personal temp folder. This shows us timings, cache behavior, performance measures etc.

You can always press <F5> to reload WebViewer if you want to abort something that has no integrated cancel feature. But WebViewer is usually so fast that you don't need  it.
WLAN can of course be a big issue. To diagnosis this we need to run your browser in debug mode so we can see the Network performance. Press <F12>, switch to the Network tab.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook