Write the age of a person at the push of a button

Started by sinus, January 14, 2019, 07:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Because I use older pictures with design & print again and again, it is often interesting to have not only the date, but also the current age of the person(s) at the time of taking the photo.

If you imagine you're leafing through an album from your childhood and later, then maybe the years of the recording ist there, but it would also be nice to know the age of the person(s) (ahhh, at that time I was 5 years old and look, Peter was already there 15.5).

To do that, I created a variable and selected two metadata fields in which I write the age - at the push of a button.
To do that, I need the person's birth date to make a variable, and then I create a metadata template.
Then I can just press the "Age John" button on the favorites, that's it. For Maria I have to push another button (in the favourites).
The date of the shooting I take from the filename, of course we could also take the exif-date or whatever.

The two metadata fields contain the date of birth (you don't have to write this, if you not like having in in the image) and then the age.
I have decided for 1 decimal place (24,3). You could take only the whole years, but whether a child is 2 or 2.7 years old could be interesting.

Once this data is in the metas, you can use it anywhere, at the batch processor, in the slideshow, or like here at the attachment at Design & Print.

If anyone is interested, I could describe it in more detail.

By the way, if I could do JavaScript  :-\ then I could even make all the people who are stored as people in the keywords write their age at the push of a button, I can't, so I have to press a different button for each person.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

IMatch 2020 will have several new major features. I thing this will be covered by one of these features. In a more general and more widely useful way.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on January 14, 2019, 08:03:03 PM
IMatch 2020 will have several new major features. I thing this will be covered by one of these features. In a more general and more widely useful way.

OK, than this is fine.
But I see no reason, why you moved this in the Archive of Feature Requests?
For IMatch 2020 it is still a long time and who knows, maybe some persons would have been interested in such things.

And yes, of course I am also interested in your 2020-solution.
Markus

Mario

I have moved this to the Archive because I don#t consider this an active feature request.
I will not do any work to implement a feature like the one you are requesting. What you have in mind is a very specific solution which would most likely be only useful for you and not for (many) other users.

You can always implement such custom solutions via an app, that's what the entire app machinery is for. I'm sure you can learn to write apps if you set your mind to it. It's not harder that the old BASIC scripts.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on January 15, 2019, 09:46:19 AM
I have moved this to the Archive because I don#t consider this an active feature request.
I will not do any work to implement a feature like the one you are requesting. What you have in mind is a very specific solution which would most likely be only useful for you and not for (many) other users.

You can always implement such custom solutions via an app, that's what the entire app machinery is for. I'm sure you can learn to write apps if you set your mind to it. It's not harder that the old BASIC scripts.

Of course, but it was in this case a misunderstanding.
I have posted it in the section General of FAQ, Workflow, Tutorials, Tips & Tricks.

NOT in the feature request

You can see it also in my sentences, what I wrote.
It was meant for users with a lot of family-images, maybe some of them would have been interested in this.

Maybe I posted it in the wrong section, in this case sorry.
I would never post something in the Feature Request.

So, finally, that's it, no problem for me.
Markus

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

sinus

Markus