A single button for instant Design&Print - overview

Started by sinus, January 14, 2019, 02:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

If I select some images, I can open immediately a slideshow (Strg + F12 or Tools) or a batch-process via tools.

I think, there should be also a button with an instant "success", means with a click on this button the preview from a default-dynamic template should open.
Why?

I think, the D&P-tool is underestimated.
If you open the tool, it can be also a bit "scary" for users, who are not that familiar with such things.
But if a user can select some images, click on a button and have immediately a "success", because the preview from D&P would open, I think, this would some users encourage using this tool.

I think, this should be a dynamic template, because then the user has nothing to do but simply selelct some images and click on the button. 

Therefore I suggest a button or at least an entry in Tools. Hmmm, maybe at least something like the Batch-processor in the tools-menu?

I think, it would be cool, if the preview from a nice template would opens, like roughly in my attachement.
Instant success encourages for more.

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

jch2103

+1

I think it's true that D&P is a hidden feature for most users. Although I don't have a frequent need for D&P, I think it would be logical for it to have an entry in Tools; after all, it really is a tool just as much as some of the other items on the Tools list. I don't think the current list is so crowded that this would be an issue. As far as how this is implemented, I don't really have an opinion, except that similar treatment to the Batch Processor would make sense.
John

Mario

Design & Print is an export module and hence shows in the export panel.
You can also open it from the 'standard' place for Print functionality, which is the "File" menu in most applications. In IMatch, it hence shows prominently in the Database menu.
And common keyboard shortcut Ctrl+P opens the current file window selection in Design & Print.

IMatch does not show Import & Export modules in the Tools menu.
I don't know if IMatch would look in the Tools menu to find features for printing.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on January 14, 2019, 06:22:21 PM
IMatch does not show Import & Export modules in the Tools menu.

Is the Batch processor not an Import & Export modul?
It is at least listed there and is listed also there in the help of IMatch ... and it is in the Tools menu.  8)

Please understand, this is nothing, what I must have, but I think, this tool is a bit underestimated and hence a button (wherever it is) would help that more users would use it.
BTW, I personally would search rather in the Tools menu instead of the Database menu.

But of course, no problem for me, if it is like it is, I use Ctrl P mostly.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

The Batch Processor does not show in the Database menu. But Design & Print does.
I could add the Design & Print also to the Tools menu, but also showing the system/user templates would cause a lot of work. So we would basically repeat the Design & Print command again in the Tools menu. Why not in the Commands menu as well?

I'm not sure how important printing is for users today. As far as I know, many of the "print online" services struggle. People are used to view files on their smart phone or maybe tablet/TV. And maybe do a print book per year...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook