Off line

Started by cthomas, January 09, 2019, 10:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

As you can see in this image I have a lot of Off line images. How can I fix this?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Jingo

Hi Carl - is the D:\Ingest folder available still on your system or is that an external drive that was attached and cataloged at some point?

cthomas

Quote from: Jingo on January 09, 2019, 10:51:33 PM
Hi Carl - is the D:\Ingest folder available still on your system or is that an external drive that was attached and cataloged at some point?

Yes.

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

JohnZeman

Carl your first screenshot shows your Ingest folder on drive D: but your second screenshot shows it on drive E: which is why you're seeing offline images in Ingest.

With IMatch right click your Ingest folder and choose the relocate command to tell IMatch to look for Ingest on drive E:

Jingo

Quote from: JohnZeman on January 10, 2019, 01:04:54 AM
Carl your first screenshot shows your Ingest folder on drive D: but your second screenshot shows it on drive E: which is why you're seeing offline images in Ingest.

With IMatch right click your Ingest folder and choose the relocate command to tell IMatch to look for Ingest on drive E:

yup.. looks like the issue!

cthomas

It looks like usiing the relocate command didn't work.

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

David_H

Quote from: cthomas on January 10, 2019, 08:53:21 PM

It looks like usiing the relocate command didn't work.

That doesn't look like the right folder. The one at the top is _Ingest but you have found one called Ingest on a different drive... What was drive D and where has it gone?

Mario

The E:\Ingest folder exists, but none of the sub-folders which were formerly indexed.
Looks like you've relocated to the wrong folder (IMatch will have told you that one or ore folders don't exist in the relocate target).

Your Windows Explorer screen shot shows an Ingest folder on drive E:, but it has no sub-folders. Hence you get the result you see in IMatch when you relocate to it.
You need to find the right folder (the folder which has all the sub-folders shown in the IMatch Media & Folders view. E.g., "C72ßUZ".)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on January 10, 2019, 10:12:27 PM
The E:\Ingest folder exists, but none of the sub-folders which were formerly indexed.
Looks like you've relocated to the wrong folder (IMatch will have told you that one or ore folders don't exist in the relocate target).

Your Windows Explorer screen shot shows an Ingest folder on drive E:, but it has no sub-folders. Hence you get the result you see in IMatch when you relocate to it.
You need to find the right folder (the folder which has all the sub-folders shown in the IMatch Media & Folders view. E.g., "C72ßUZ".)

Can you show me an example of what I need to do?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

I cannot. You don't provide enough information.

I cannot see your system or where you have moved the folders and files formerly in D:\_Ingest.
You have shown us a Windows Explorer screen shot from a folder Infest on your E: drive, but that folder has none of the sub-folders the D:\_Ingest folder had.
You need to find out where you have moved these folders and then tell IMatch via the Relocate command where to find them.

Did you search for the "C72ßUZ" folder as I asked in my last post?
This folder was under D:\_Ingest but is no longer. It should be under E:\Ingest, but it not (according to your screen shot). If you find this folder, you will know what happened and where to you have moved all the folders. Then we know more and can help you with the relocate.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook