Attention: This free trial version HAS EXPIRED.

Started by Pawel, January 03, 2019, 02:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pawel

I downloaded IMatch Anywhere trial version and installed it as in a video on IMA learning center. I did one thing differently:

• I installed the software using userA instead of userB account by mistake.
  • I ran WebService controller using userA account however realizing the mistake I didn't complete the initial configuration. Instead I closed the WebService Controller, uninstalled the software and installed it using userB account.
  • When I ran the IMatch Anywhere using userB account for the first time the software displayed an error about missing configuration file with an instruction to give a name to a file and it will be created.
  • After that the WebService Controller appeared as in video, however when I try to activate trial license, I get an error "Attention: This free trial version HAS EXPIRED. " on the "start stop configure" screen of WebService Controller, just below the banner with a link to buy IMatch Anywhere.

What am I doing wrong and how can I start the trial?

Thanks
Pawel

Mario

The IMatch Anywhere License Manager locks IMA licenses to computers, not users.
Did you perhaps have installed IMatch Anywhere before on that machine and forgotten about it?

I have just installed IMatch Anywhere TRIAL on a fresh Windows 10 installation and activated the installation without problems. This means that it works in general, but apparently not on the computer you have used.

Please copy the license information (button in the controller dialog) into an email and sent it to support email address. I can then check on the server if there is anything special with that license or computer.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Pawel

The machine I install IMatch Anywhere on is a freshly created virtual Windows 10 machine (running inside Synology DiskStation). I've sent an email with additional info to the support address.

Mario

Ah, a virtual machine. Not a real computer-
This may upset the license manager because it may be unable to gather the hardware data required to lock the license to the machine.
Virtual machine installations are not 'officially' supported. I have tested this so far with HyperV, VirtualBox and WMWare and it works. I don't know what type of virtualization Synology is using on their custom Linux.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Pawel

Mario

I have no idea what the problem actually is. Which virtualization solution does Synology employ?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Pawel

Unfortunately I don't have this information yet.
One question though: does the Windows copy the IMatch Anywhere is installed on have to be activated? My copy of Windows is not activated yet.

Mario

No, this is independent.
You need to activate IMatch Anywhere on the machine where you want it to run.

Tip: Download the just released 2019.1.4 release of the TRIAL and install that. Then retry.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Pawel

I downloaded new version of IMatch and installed it on a fresh install of Windows: virtual machine on a Synology NAS only this time using UEFI BIOS option. What can I say, it works, thank you!  :D

When I come back home I will try the new version on the old virtual machine with legacy BIOS enabled and let you know if it works there either.

Thanks,
Pawel

Pawel

Just to let you know: I tried the new version on the old virtual machine with legacy BIOS enabled and the new version works fine. Looks like something was changed in 2019.1.4 release of the TRIAL that enables IMatch Anywhere to work inside Synology NAS Virtual Machine Manager. Thanks!

Pawel