Email and Catalog Sets questions!

Started by Mackhan, December 26, 2018, 11:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mackhan

A couple of different questions here. When setting up to email images in iMatch the software is not recognising my default email software (Windows Live) even though it is marked as the Default Program in the control panel. Is there any way to get the software to recognise it or do I have to put it in manually?

Also as a long-time user of MediaPro and thinking of moving over to iMatch is there any way of transferring Catalog Sets into Categories, including having nested Catalog Sets appear as Child Categories?

Thanks for the help.

Mario

1.  The E-Mail support in IMatch is pretty basic and, frankly, this is a very rarely used feature. IMatch just uses the"default" email client (as defined by Windows) to send emails. This will not work when you don't have installed an email client (e.g. Outlook) and instead use a browser-based mail client. IMatch has no control over this, it just tells Windows to send an email with the text and attachments...

2.  I have not used MediaPro in years, sorry.
When I recall correctly, catalog sets are stored in the undocumented MediaPro database. But there was a way to export them as XML somehow?
Having an XML file would at least make the information available for other applications. But interpreting it and converting it into IMatch categories would require a custom app. The app would need to load the XML and convert it into IMatch categories.

Can you produce such an XML export file and attach it? Please also show us how this looks in MediaPro (screen shots) so we may relate what's in the XML to what you "see".

MediaPro has been discontinued and is no longer available as a trial download (as far as I can tell). I hence cannot run it, not even for some tests.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook