IMatch Anywhere 2019 Release Notes are out

Started by Mario, December 20, 2018, 08:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

I'm in the final stages of rolling out the long anticipated IMatch Anywhere 2019. Finally!

Click here for the preliminary release notes for the new big version.

The 2019 release packs a massive amount of new functionality. Features useful both for 'HOME' users and also the corporate and institutional users of IMatch Anywhere.

I'm really happy about this new release and I'm sure users will enjoy it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

Looks very impressive Mario... congrats on all your hard work!

Just wondering about the best way to handle the bi-directional catalog updates now... I've always just done a IM->IMA database overwrite every night at 3am via syncbackPro.... given that I will be able to update metadata in IMA now, I imagine we need to be very careful about managing a sync between IM and IMA to ensure updates in IMA get into our IM database?  Does this mean we should seriously think about using only a single DB with the restriction of it only being open via one app?  Or are these metadata updates not done in the catalog but directly to the image files (or sidecars)?

Congrats again!!

Mario

IMatch Anywhere updates the database, in the same way IMatch does it.

If you concurrently edit the 'same' database (as a copy) in IMatch Anywhere and in IMatch, you will be in trouble. A consistent workflow is key.
This is not a problem IMatch or IMatch Anywhere can solve for you. This all depends on how you use the tools. You can disable editing in IMatch WebViewer of course.

IMWS takes of course full control over the database. You cannot open it in IMatch while IMWS has it open.

My plans are to enhance IMatch WebViewer over time, so it finally becomes a standalone IMatch. For some users a powerful DAM that runs in the browser is very attractive. Especially if maintenance and deployment is so easy as with IMatch Anywhere. And the product is priced so attractive  ;D
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook