Pinboard App

Started by muranod, January 18, 2018, 05:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muranod

This is a great new feature. Thank you, Mario!

Imatch still has many features I have not yet explored, but I've already started using this one. It will be especially handy for creating slide shows and books.

Looking ahead, might it one day be possible to keep multiple boards, say for different books, galleries, collections, etc., and maybe enter text either as a pin note or directly on the board?

Thanks again, Mario, for all the work you put into Imatch and the great tech support (and forums)!

Mario

Hi,

this sounds more like a feature request. I'll move it into the appropriate board.

The pinboard app is only a test balloon at this time. I'm not sure how it will end when it becomes a fully integrated feature but I will enhance it. Having multiple boards or the ability to add text or graphics to a board is doable.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on January 18, 2018, 07:58:02 AM
Hi,

this sounds more like a feature request. I'll move it into the appropriate board.

The pinboard app is only a test balloon at this time. I'm not sure how it will end when it becomes a fully integrated feature but I will enhance it. Having multiple boards or the ability to add text or graphics to a board is doable.

Multiple boards means the possibility to save a created pinboard under different names?
This would be great, we could have such pinboards for the marriage, the concert, another event and so on.

I would surely give this a +1.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

muranod

Thank you Mario, Sinus.

I guess I should have posted in feature requests, but when I started writing the post, it was only to say how happy I was to see this useful new feature. :-)

Mario

If the pinboard app will be available as a "File Window Layout", you basically can have different pinboards per folder, category, collection or timeline node. Basically like a sophisticated version of the manual sort order.  For example.

Or you setup some categories to serve as "Albums", for the purpose to use them to manage the files in these categories on pinboards.

Just two ideas I'm toying with.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

muranod

"category, collection or timeline node." - this sounds especially flexible and useful.

ubacher

I frequently lay out books. I have images for single pages and for double pages. Currently I generate dummy pages for each double page - the dummies serving as
placeholder: double page and dummy occupy two pages (=slots).

I would like to see a "Single page/double page book layout mode" which makes double pages occupy twice the space of a single page. Not sure how
to indicate double pages - for my use one could use the aspect ratio to distinguish.

Along the same line: One could have layout/viewing modes in which panoramic images are automatically spread across several "slots" according to best fit. Quite tricky though I think.

Mario

I don't see how this is related to the pinboard app...?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

ubacher

It was this statement which made me think we might get a fancier manual sort ability:
Quote.... Basically like a sophisticated version of the manual sort order. 

Mario

The pinboard ab has the ultimate manual sort ability: You drag your files where you want them.
I still don't see how

Quote(...) which makes double pages occupy twice the space of a single page.

is related to displaying thumbnails in a file window (or the pinboard app). Print terms like pages or double-spread pages are not a concept that would really be useful to display thousands of files in a file window...?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator