An alternative to drag and drop for moving a folder in Medias and Folders?

Started by greg, August 16, 2017, 10:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

I use a fast solid state drive for culling, tagging and initial processing of images. When done I move the folder to a Raid drive. As my folder list becomes larger using drag and drop in Media and Folders is awkward and potentially error prone with a slip of the mouse. The relocate function in iMatch only addresses after a folder has been moved. It would be very useful to have a move menu option similar to relocate that moved the folder and files in addition to relocating them in the database. I have another program that solves the drag and drop issue with a menu based move option.

Mario

Use Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) to copy a folder or (Ctrl+V) to move. Much easier than drag & drop over large distances.

See the Working with Files and Folders video tutorial in the IMatch Learning Center and the Media & Folders View help topic in the IMatch help for more information.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

greg

Thanks Mario. I should have tried that since it's such an obvious solution. I think you meant ctl-x ctl-v to move.