APP WISH LIST (Ask here if you are looking for a specific App)

Started by Jingo, July 06, 2017, 03:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Howdy!  Let's start a thread with scripts that the community would like to see created.  This will be a nice way to keep the requests together so Mario and other script developers can have a resource to assist others and build their own skills on items requested by the community.

I will try to keep this opening thread up to date with the script requests and their open/closed status.  If someone would like to tackle a certain script, please post a response (or PM me) and I'll add your username next to the script so others know it is being worked on and can choose another to program.

I'm happy to also keep an open Google Doc with this information for anyone that finds that easier.  That might make a good IM2017 script in itself!  ;D

Enjoy!! - Andy.

Script Name  Description  Requested byDate of RequestProgrammed by  Completed on  Link to Script 
John Zeman's "Ultimate Description Writer"Write Clipboard Contents to Desc of single/multiple selected images. Include ability to Replace, Pre-pend or AppendDigPeter07.06.2017Jingo-Andy//John Zeman07.09.2017https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6872.0;attach=16138
Geodata Coordinate ConverterConversion of Lat/Long Geodata to other types of coordinates - UTM, British National Grid, etcDigPeter07.06.2017Jingo-Andy07.08.2017https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6870.0;attach=15565
Attribute Script CalculatorApp that will create calculations for event purchase per imageSinus07.07.2017Thrinn07.31.2017https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6871.0;attach=15888
Attributes-Export to a printable sheetApp that will generate an invoice based upon image attributesSinus07.10.2017Thrinn
Incremental time stamperApp that will add incremental time stamp to a selection of fileshluxem07.10.2017Jingo-Andy07.16.2017https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6886.0;attach=15683
Collapsible Metadata ViewerDisplay specific Metadata Information for the Selected ImageJohnZeman08.01.2017JohnZeman08.11.2017https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7017.0;attach=15986
Music PlayerPlays Music Files right from IMatchAndy Grachuk08.05.2017JohnZeman08.06.2017https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7001.0;attach=15934

sinus

Hi Jingo

A very good thing, this list.
Thorsten did already create a small script:
https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=6840.0

His text:
It is really barebone: An input form for two metadata tags, a save button.
The form data changes when the focused file changes. You can enter some data and press save.

Please be careful, there is no error checking or other types of safety belts. As simple as possible.

With this script I can work and add more fields.
Maybe Thorsten could answer, but I think, this small script we could also take on the list as solved ... or of course, it can be enhanced with some more field?!
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

sinus

What I would like is a script for Attributes.
Say, we have two Attributes-Sets and some fields:

Adress-set global:

Name
Company
City

Calculations-set per file:

Text
Amount
price for each
price for all
plus 8% tax (8% could be hardcoded or a flexible field)
total tax
total price

(in reality I have more fields like car-miles, expenses, delivered and so on, but with a sample script I think, I would be able to add more fields)

- The script should display the values of all Attributes-fields.
- If there is no Attribute-entry, it should add one automatically
- Then we should be able to enter some numbers into the fields and the script would calculate the result.

I add a screenshot, but not exactly with these fields, but you see, what I mean (the red rectangles).

This means, for receive the total, the script should calculate

Amount * price for each = price for all
price for all + 8% tax = total tax
price for all + total tax = total price

If I had such an example with these fields, I think (but I am not sure), I could all more fields on my own and do maybe even some more calculations.

I use such a script with many fields more to calculate the prize for a shooting, how many files I delivered, when, number of delivery and so on.
I am sure, it is very bad scripted from me, but it works great since years.  :)

I like it because I can click on an image, push the button and can see all calculations about this event.  :D
All other infos (map, metadata) I have anyway.
For each photosession I have a "Info-master", what holds all this infos in the attributes for an event, and the event is stacked.

Creating this script was hard, but it worked (I tried for example to add the focussed thumb into the window, this I could not do, I was not able, but finally it is not necessary).
And  :-[ I was also not able to do it right with Visual Basic, the calculations does only count, if I closed the window. Then I must open the script a second time and then all correct numbers are there.
But finally it works very good and helps me a lot.

With these attributes fields I create then a real bill with a, well, second script  8) what opens Word and put each Attributes - field in the correct place in Word, but this is another "script-story".

I think, at the moment I am at a loss with JS to create such a script.
To be honest, I do not think, that someone wants write such a script, I could simply not.
But since we have a list here ...  ;D :D

This script is the main-reason, why I cannot change now to IMatch 2017.
And the second reason is a script, what does export theses fields into word for a bill, but this I could solve maybe with export as csv or with another way.
Markus

Jingo

Thx Markus - I think I understand what you are looking for... let me review, add it to the list and see what we can come up with this weekend.  Enjoy the day/night - Andy.

sinus

Quote from: Jingo on July 06, 2017, 05:26:03 PM
Thx Markus - I think I understand what you are looking for... let me review, add it to the list and see what we can come up with this weekend.  Enjoy the day/night - Andy.

Thanks, Andy, well it is 6 pm here, still to work for 2-3 hours ... have a nice day!
Markus

Jingo

Hi Peter - just wanted to let you know that I have written the script to convert GPS coordinates to multiple formats... now, I just need to make it pretty (it currently output to the console).  So far, the app will read the database GPS coordinates from the selected image and display them to the user as: GPS coordinates, Degrees MM Secs, UTM and OSGB. 

On my to do list... MGRS and GARS conversions and then allowing a user to just enter coordinates in a form and have the system convert them on the fly.  I should have the app completed by tomorrow... so stay tuned!   8)

For what it is worth... Mario - an outstanding job on building the scripting/app creation part of the software.  Granted, I am a programmer by trade.. but just started working with JS and the IMatch endpoints today and already have a great feel of how to interact with the browser/console and app panel using just a simple text editor.  Having access to millions of lines of JS code as well as unlimited internet resources only enhances my enjoyment of working on these apps!  Truly..... Kudos!!!!

thrinn

- Then we should be able to enter some numbers into the fields and the script would calculate the result.
Hi Markus,
for my understanding some questions:

I assume there should also be a Save button to write the result of the calculation (and all fields that may have changed) back to your Calculation attribute set?

I understand that you have put your customer master data in the global Address attribute set. Now, do you need an Calculation record for an image linked to a specific customer? Because then there should be a reference field customer in your calculation attribute set. And we would have to deal with multiple attribute records per image (including the possibility to select a specific one for display in the App).

Is there only one Calculation record per image? How do you handle it if you sell an image to more than one customer? Or is the Calculation record somewhat temporary and can be overwritten when you sell the same image twice? Or to different customers?

If you also want to be able to change your customer master data in an app, there should be two different apps: One for the master data, one for the calculation. This is how regular business software for invoice management handles this usually. But I assume it is enough if the customer master data is only displayed in the calculation. Changing it (or adding customer records) can be done using the standard attribute functionality in IMatch, right?
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Jingo

Hi Thorsten... are you thinking of giving Markus's app a shot?  If so, can I put you down on the chart?  Much appreciated! - Andy.

thrinn

Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

Maybe it would be better to create a new thread for each app request or at least an per-app discussion thread.
Otherwise we'll loose track about who's commenting on what... :o
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

Quote from: Mario on July 08, 2017, 04:22:59 PM
Maybe it would be better to create a new thread for each app request or at least an per-app discussion thread.
Otherwise we'll loose track about who's commenting on what... :o

I agree Mario... we'll use this thread just to track the requests and a unique thread for each app request.

By the way... the Geo Coordinate app is now Complete... my first APP!!!  I'll create a new thread for it so it can be reviewed, discussed, the code picked apart ( :P) in its own thread.

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: thrinn on July 08, 2017, 11:34:11 AM
Hi Markus,
for my understanding some questions:

I assume there should also be a Save button to write the result of the calculation (and all fields that may have changed) back to your Calculation attribute set?

Hi Thorsten
Yes, that would be cool.

I understand that you have put your customer master data in the global Address attribute set. Now, do you need an Calculation record for an image linked to a specific customer? Because then there should be a reference field customer in your calculation attribute set.

Phew, I see, you are very experienced. I envy you.  8)
Yes, I have a global set for adresses.
Then I have a set for files. In this set is also a reference field for an adress-field of the global set (the name).

And we would have to deal with multiple attribute records per image (including the possibility to select a specific one for display in the App).
In my case I have only one attribute-record for an image.
Hm, I try to explain this at the end of this posting.

Is there only one Calculation record per image? How do you handle it if you sell an image to more than one customer? Or is the Calculation record somewhat temporary and can be overwritten when you sell the same image twice? Or to different customers?
Yes, there is only one calculation per image. I can (normaly) not sell such an image a second time.
In my case one sell-calculation for one customer would be enough good. Of course, the possibility for more than one sell for more then one customer would be very nice, but in my case it would not be necessary (for photographer with selling to stocks agencys your idea would be of course great).

If you also want to be able to change your customer master data in an app, there should be two different apps: One for the master data, one for the calculation. This is how regular business software for invoice management handles this usually. But I assume it is enough if the customer master data is only displayed in the calculation. Changing it (or adding customer records) can be done using the standard attribute functionality in IMatch, right?

To be he honest, you do know much more then me. My "idea" putting some calculations into a "info-master-image" came alone from me, I do not know, how regular business software does this handle.

I attache the window, what I have now with VB. But do not be shocked,  :-[  it is not very nice designed and has also too many fields .... bit it works.
And as I pointed out, I guess, if I have one working example with not that many fields, I think, I would be able to add more fields.

I have  made the important fields red.

1) The window, when I the first time let run the script

Number 1: fields (boolean), if this is for billing or already billed
Number 2: The adress-fields from the address-set
Number 3: The calculation
Number 4: Textfield
Number 5: Date and number fields

The second attachement
, I write now some numbers and text in the calculations-field (and the text-field)
As you can see the Total will not be calculated immadiataly, simply because I was not able to do it in Visual Basic.  :-\ :-[

Attachement 3
Hence I close the window and let run the script a second time.

Now you can see, the calculations are made and these values are written into the attributes.

If I want now change something, I can do it now. Every time. But I have then always to close the script and open again, that the calculations does take in place. Of course it would be better, if I change something, that the calculations would be immediately viewable, but it is not that important.

Attachement4

If I close the script, the amount of total (without tax and expenses) are displayed under the image.
And the icon (a thick pencil) shows me, that this image should be billed. (This icon changes, if I change later the boolean of number 1 (first attachement)

On this way I can quickly see, how much money an event (or an image) gives and can see, if it is billed already or not.
And I can change the numbers or text every time, for this I have to let run the script again.

These values are now in the attributes - fields and it is only left to "transferring" these values into an ecxel or word, but this is another story. And I think, this can be done by an export (csv) or something else.

Thorsten, sorry for the mess here, but I hope, you understand what I mean.
Thanks a lot for thinking about it.

BTW: of course your idea or srcript could be completely designed in another way, I showed here only, like I have it now and this works fine at least.

Markus

sinus

Markus

Jingo

All App requests and discussion points have now been moved to their own threads.. please use those threads to keep the discussion going and reserve this thread for only updates to the ongoing app requests.

As always, if you think of an app you would like, please create a new thread using the template from one of the other request threads and PM me so I can update this thread... happy app'ing!

DigPeter

@Jingo.
I am now ready to try your Coord Conversion and Caption apps.   What folder(s) should the various files go into?

Jingo

Thx DigPeter... the instructions should be in each detailed app request thread but user apps should be placed in your C:\ProgramData\photools.com\imatch6\webroot\user  folder.  So, just unzip the whole app folder in there and then IMatch will refresh the app panel with the new apps showing at the bottom.

Please let me know if you run into any difficulties!!  It might take me a few days to respond as I will be "out of the office" next week.  Enjoy!

DigPeter

Thanks Jingo.  That is magic.   I will play around for a bit with both apps and let you know the results in due course.

Jingo

Sure thing.. if you do find an issue or a feature request, please update the specific request string so we can keep it all together in that thread.  Thx and Enjoy!

unterwasserfoto_at

Berufsfotograf in Österreich.
HW: Nikon D5, Nikon Coolscan 5000, Subal Unterwassergehäuse, DJI Phantom
SW Photoshop CS4, Adobe Bridge, IMatch6

unterwasserfoto_at

Hello

I am looking for an app that writes in an attribute field all assigned categories of an image. However, only those categories below a root category eg My_Cat.

Best
Tom

Jingo

Hmm.. this shouldn't be too difficult to create (there might even be one out there).  So, you are saying you have a category tree like this:
  Animals
    --> Dogs
       -->Boxer
       -->Shepard
    --> Cats
       -->Short-haired
       -->Tabby

If you supplied the app with the top category of "Animals", then you would want all the subcategories (Dogs, Boxer, Shepard, Cats, Short-haired, Tabby) to be written to a provided attribute field?

Mario

Could this not be done directly with the Attribute Importer App?

The Attribute Importer App allows you to import metadata or other data into Attributes. The source is specified by a variable.

Example: If you assign an image to the category "Animals|Dogs|Shepard" and "Animals|Cats|Short-haired", the variable:

{File.Categories|filter :^Animals}

Returns Animals|Cats|Short-haired;Animals|Dogs|Shepard

The variable returns all categories assigned to the file in a list separated by ;
We use a filter to filter out all categories not starting with Animals on the top-level.

If you use this variable with the Attribute Importer App you can copy the categories into a text Attribute (in the example below, the Description Attribute in the Notes Set):

This works for one file or many, depending on how many files you have selected when you run the Attribute Importer App.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

unterwasserfoto_at

Thx, thats fine
I wanted the script as an aid to my further task.
so I post the more detailed task of my desired script in the next post now

unterwasserfoto_at

The filter is sparking, but it looks a little different with me. I need all categories below this root category. So without the ^

Now I just want the subcategories. So without the complete (category) path.

In the further look then all Wöter in the category with me with a hyphen "-" separated. How do i get that separated with a semicolon ";"

As a second step, words behind the "*" are supposed to be in a different field.

that's what matters with {File.Categories|filter:_Menschen}
My_Kat|[3 WAS]|_Menschen|Mensch - Menschen - Leute - Person - Personen * people - human - humans

That's the way it should look
Attributs_de:Mensch; Menschen; Leute; Person; Personen;
Attributs_en:people; human; humans;

Mario

The ^ means "starting with". See Regular Expressions

I don't think that all the features for which you had written a purpose-built app previously can be managed by a simple variable. For your very peculiar workflow a custom-made app is probably the only thing that can do everything you require.

Such complex workflow requirements are usually only met in corporate or commercial environments. And there it is easy to setup a project, define the requirements, hire the programmers to do the job. The IMWS running in IMatch is fully documented and apps or scripts can be written in all popular programming languages, from JavaScript to Python. Even Windows PowerShell or Visual Basic.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

unterwasserfoto_at

Thanks Mario
Too bad that there is no way to implement this in the IMatch with the integrated functions.
Now the question is if there is someone who would program this function. That's why here in the wish list.
Due to the great features of IMatch, my workflow is almost complete. Except for converting the categories into individual words into a field of metadata or attributes
Source: train - trains - railway
Destination: train; Trains; railroad

I checked it affects over 7,000 categories. To lead these all into a thesaurus is too much.

I think all other functions can be realized with IMatch.

Greetings Tom

Bartman66

I'd like an app to move all files and subfolder to another location. The main criteria is to use the same source folder name as the destination name, but in another  location. Even better if the renamer could do this.
This would speed up the wokflow for processing my images greatly

Mario

The Renamer can do this, of course.
Did you check the Renamer help first? See Moving Files

And if the target folder is indexed by your database, you have use drag & drop or copy & paste in IMatch to move folders and files. See File Management in IMatch
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator