Annotation questions

Started by BanjoTom, May 26, 2017, 03:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanjoTom

Not urgent issues at all, but as I'm beginning to work with annotations, I'm wondering about three things for which I could not quickly locate answers in the Help files:

1. How can one make the "fill" of an annotation transparent?   The "visibility" setting makes the ENTIRE annotation less-or-more visible, but can the border of any annotation (circle, square, or a label as in the attached .JPG file) be left intact while making the "fill" disappear?

2. Is there a setting that will make the annotations applied to an image show up in Design & Print?   It's there in Viewer, Quick Viewer, and Image Batch Processor, but is not visible in D&P. . .

3. How do I get the D&P templates I've created in IM5 to be included in IM2017?
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

BanjoTom

OK, disregard Question 3 -- I found and copied old D&P templates into the IMatch6 printing folder, and there they are!
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Mario

1. Clear the background color field.

2. I don't think this is possible directly. You may want to prepare your images for printing using the Batch Processor, which can render annotations.
This was never requested so far.

3. IMatch 2017 should have copied your templates from the %APPDATA%\photools.com\IMatch5\printing to the %APPDATA%\photools.com\IMatch6\printing folder automatically. Did you keep the IMATCH6...*Migrate.log file IMatch 2017 has created in your TEMP folder? This will show me which files were found an copied.

Tip: You can copy the files in Windows Explorer manually (from %APPDATA%\photools.com\IMatch5\printing to %APPDATA%\photools.com\IMatch6\printing).  Restart IMatch afterwards.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook