Shortcuts (.lnk files)

Started by imfan, January 05, 2017, 11:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imfan

Hello,
besides iMatch, I am also using Directory Opus (replacement for Windows Explorer file manager). I am frequently creating shortcuts (.lnk files) that stores the details of the file or folder it points to. These shortcuts  are within my picture collection. I am using both programs for my picture collection to work with - without any problems. iMatch is doing a great job!

Without any changes inside iMatch, I was not able to see the .lnk files in the file window of iMatch. Going into iMatch preferences "File Formats" and adding the extention ".lnk", I can now see the shortcut-files as a thumbnail - great!

Now, there is an option inside iMatch where I have the possibility to create also .lnk files. With "Alt + Enter" iMatch pops up a small explorer window and there I can use "create shortcut". Rescanning the folder afterwards shows the .lnk file as thumbnail. This works with ONLY ONE selected file - if I select more (Strg + A) it does not work.

I would like to go to my categories e.g. click on one, select all pictures and have the option to make shortcuts - or in general: make shortcuts of all selected files and save the .lnk file within the same folder as the original file.

Does anyone knows a workaround for what I would like to do?

Thanks for any hint!

Mario

Sorry, can't help you there.
Shortcuts are usually only used for program files in form of desktop shortcuts. IMatch gives you access to the standard Windows Explorer menu, and this allows you to create shortcuts for one file only. If you need to create hundreds of shortcuts for whatever reason, a PowerShell script would probably the best way to do it.

Tip: When you select files in the file window and press <Ctrl>+<C>, IMatch copies the full path of each file into the Windows clipboard. You can then use these file names in other applications, or store them as a text file to process via a batch file or PowerShell script.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

imfan