Empty or Not

Started by cthomas, December 17, 2016, 06:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

How can I tell when I have Assigned all of my Images in my Ingest folder into my Universal Catalog? And after I have Assigned all of my Images what should I do with them before I add new images into my Ingest folder?

Why is my Fully Classified, Not in the Universal Catalog, Unassigned Files, and Uncategorized Files empty?

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

QuoteHow can I tell when I have Assigned all of my Images in my Ingest folder into my Universal Catalog?

This can be using a category formula. Of the more complex sort, I'm afraid.
See the IMatch help on category formulas and then make some experiments to figure out what can be achieved.

QuoteWhy is my Fully Classified, Not in the Universal Catalog, Unassigned Files, and Uncategorized Files empty?

I don't now anything about your categories or how you have set them up.

The Unassigned and Uncategorized standard categories show only uncategorized files or files not assigned to any category.
If all your images are assigned to at least one category, or referenced by a category, these categories will be empty. And that's correct.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

Have you set up a new database? Your screenshot shows the database only contains two folders with 70 files. But in your post https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=6180.msg42724#msg42724 you said you have ~34,000 files in your database. Is this new one just a test?
John

cthomas

Quote from: jch2103 on December 17, 2016, 09:01:48 PM
Have you set up a new database? Your screenshot shows the database only contains two folders with 70 files. But in your post https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=6180.msg42724#msg42724 you said you have ~34,000 files in your database. Is this new one just a test?

I think you are looking at some old info.  My Pictures is the folder that contains all of my images(36,931 images). My Workflow is: I add about 50 images in to a folder named !Ingest. Then I open IMatch
click click on Command > Add or Update files or folders I then choose the folder named !Inges. This adds the images to my Imatch database. I then go through the !Ingest folder and add each image to at least two categorizes named When and Where.

And now I;m trying to figure out what to do with the images in the folder !Ingest so that when I add new images it will keep making the !Ingest folder bigger.
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on December 17, 2016, 08:06:33 PM
QuoteHow can I tell when I have Assigned all of my Images in my Ingest folder into my Universal Catalog?

This can be using a category formula. Of the more complex sort, I'm afraid.
See the IMatch help on category formulas and then make some experiments to figure out what can be achieved.

QuoteWhy is my Fully Classified, Not in the Universal Catalog, Unassigned Files, and Uncategorized Files empty?

I don't now anything about your categories or how you have set them up.

The Unassigned and Uncategorized standard categories show only uncategorized files or files not assigned to any category.
If all your images are assigned to at least one category, or referenced by a category, these categories will be empty. And that's correct.

Mario I jest keep getting errors. I tried creating a category named "Done in Universal Catalog" and then I tried  creating a category formula: If the images in the !Ingest are found any where in the Universal Catalog.

What should I do with the images in my !Ingest folder so I can add new images to it with out the !Ingest folder won't get so big. I just don't have any ideas on how to handle this.

How can I look up this Error Code?

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

JohnZeman

Quote from: cthomas on December 17, 2016, 10:16:14 PM

You need to put the word NOT between your folder reference and your "Universal Catalog|When" category (see attached image).

Then that formula category should show you all images in your Ingest folder that have not been assigned to a Universal Catalog When category yet.

What should I do with the images in my !Ingest folder so I can add new images to it with out the !Ingest folder won't get so big.

Once you have assigned categories to your images in the Ingest folder, move them to a different folder.  I drag and drop my images to move them, there are other ways though.  I've emailed you several screen shots of my folders Carl, just do something like I did.

cthomas

Quote from: JohnZeman on December 17, 2016, 11:20:19 PM

You need to put the word NOT between your folder reference and your "Universal Catalog|When" category (see attached image).

Then that formula category should show you all images in your Ingest folder that have not been assigned to a Universal Catalog When category yet.

What should I do with the images in my !Ingest folder so I can add new images to it with out the !Ingest folder won't get so big.

Once you have assigned categories to your images in the Ingest folder, move them to a different folder.  I drag and drop my images to move them, there are other ways though.  I've emailed you several screen shots of my folders Carl, just do something like I did.

Hey John can you fix the image so I can open it?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

JohnZeman

What image are you talking about Carl?  The one I'd uploaded over 2 years ago named CarlError.png?  It's probably been purged from the server by now and I don't remember what we were even talking about at the time let alone what that image was.

cthomas

Quote from: JohnZeman on January 12, 2019, 09:50:26 PM
What image are you talking about Carl?  The one I'd uploaded over 2 years ago named CarlError.png?  It's probably been purged from the server by now and I don't remember what we were even talking about at the time let alone what that image was.

The image(CarlError.png) on Reply #5 on:up above.

Thanks John.
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

JohnZeman

As I mentioned in my last reply that image has probably been deleted from the server by now since it's over 2 years old.

If I would have uploaded it to one of my servers, and I have no idea if I did, then I know it's been deleted because I don't keep images on my servers very long.

I don't know how long Mario's servers store images.