Unknown persons on MP4 cannot be ignored

Started by Rene Toepfer, March 04, 2021, 08:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rene Toepfer

While Face Recognition an MP4 was tagged, see attachement 2021-03-04_20-32-18.png. I have manually added a tag for one child, the remaining face set on ignore as per dialog attached in 2021-03-04_20-35-33.png. The problem is that this video will still be categorized with "Unknown Persons". Later I have deleted all face annotations at this video but it will be kept in "Unknown Persons".
A restart of IMatch and optimization of the database file did not solve this behaviour.
How can I remove this video off "Unknown Persons"?
This thread has not solved my problem: https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=9918.msg70033

Mario

If there is a face annotation without an assigned person, the image will show in Unknown Persons. This is logical and by design. The image contains the face of an unknown person.
Ignore just tells IMatch not to try and find a person for the face.

Just remove the face annotation if you don't need it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Rene Toepfer

I have deleted the annotation but it remains as "Unknown Persons" (see attachement 2021-03-04_20-56-11.png).

Rene Toepfer

Now I have a similar query but for JPG. As shown in the attachment, there should be an unknown person at each of these images. But as can be seen at the centre image the person has been confirmed. At the two others the person is confirmed too but it remains also as "Unknown Person".
Ignoring faces does not solve the problem. Only if I delete the faces they will not be shown as "Unknown Person" anymore. I have also re-added the person then - but it remains unknown.

Version 2020.14.1 x64, 30 day trial

Mario

Did you click into the Person View and pressed <F5> to refresh it?
Does this go away when you restart IMatch?
How do you create the unknown person face annotations? Please provide steps to reproduce this.

Does IMatch show the annotation icon for these files? You have disabled the icons so I cannot tell.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Rene Toepfer

Quote from: Mario on March 06, 2021, 07:39:01 PM
Did you click into the Person View and pressed <F5> to refresh it?

Yes, without any change.

Does this go away when you restart IMatch?

Yes, without any change. I have also restarted my workstation without any change.

How do you create the unknown person face annotations? Please provide steps to reproduce this.

As first I have marked all images in the folder and ran a face recognition (FR).
-Right Mouse Button -> Face Annotations... -> Detect Faces...
For these three images the FR was without success so I did it manually
-Double clicedk image to open the Viewer
-Drawn face annotation
-Moved to position overlaying the face and confirmed it
-Selected name and confirmed it
-Closed the Viewer

Does IMatch show the annotation icon for these files? You have disabled the icons so I cannot tell.

Please see attachment to this reply. I also wrote the tags into the file in hope that it would solve the issue, but without success.
The next was that I have deleted all faces, restarted IMatch and placed a new annotation – but the issue could not be solved.

Mario

QuoteThe next was that I have deleted all faces, restarted IMatch and placed a new annotation – but the issue could not be solved.

This sounds as if these files have additional face annotations somewhere?
Open one of the files, press <Ctrl>+<A> to select all annotations and press <Del> to remove them.

Close the Viewer. Does the File Window still show the annotation icon?
If not, is the File removed from the People View as well?

Also: Run a database diagnosis via Database menu > Tools > Diagnosis to check if there is a problem somewhere.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Rene Toepfer

Quote from: Mario on March 07, 2021, 09:12:00 AM
Open one of the files, press <Ctrl>+<A> to select all annotations and press <Del> to remove them.

Close the Viewer. Does the File Window still show the annotation icon?
No, the annotation is not available anymore.

If not, is the File removed from the People View as well?
It remained in People View

Also: Run a database diagnosis via Database menu > Tools > Diagnosis to check if there is a problem somewhere.
The log file shows these warnings:

• Warning: File [1076] has face annotations on multiple layers. This may cause issues with the order in which faces are presented in the File Window and Person variables.
  • Warning: File [1076] face [1016] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
Afterwards running the diagnosis everything is fine again with the files. The annotations are deleted and it will not be shown in "Unknow Person" anymore. I was able to re-run the face recognition and it was recognized correct. :-)

BTW, I also tried to fool IMatch by renaming one of the affected files outside IMatch - but IMatch figured out that it was the same file only different name and set all DB values. Good work, I like such features as a safety net.
At the end I have deleted the file, refreshed the folder within IMatch, copied the file from my backup back into the folder and refreshed within IMatch again. Then for IMatch this file was new and I could set all values anf ran Face Recognition again without the origin query. But this I have made for one file only because it needs a lot of attention.
Your proposal with the diagnosis tool is much more convenient and less risky.

Rene Toepfer

In addition to my preceding post. The run of the diagnostic tool solved also the query mentioned in first post of this thread..

Rene Toepfer

Now I can recreate this behaviour.
If I manually add a face from user galery to an image while IMatch is trying to confirm a face, the allocated face gets doubled and will be shown as un-confirmed in People View. The face remains even if all face annotations are deleted.
It will be deleted if a diagnosis of this DB will be run.
The LOG of the analysis notes it:
Line 80318: Warning: Face [4910] for file [155600] has no annotation object. Face removed.
Line 80320: Warning: Face [4909] for file [155600] has no annotation object. Face removed.

What have I done?
1. I have selected a face from user gallery
2. I have confirmed a face which was recognized before and
3. Placed immediately the face from the user gallery (which was still at the cursor).

Mario

I've tried this a few times, in various sequences.
I could never reproduce it. Maybe I'm missing a step or something?
How many files are in the Viewer?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator