Color management in the Slideshow?

Started by pajaro, December 22, 2015, 09:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pajaro

I noticed that edited images displayed in the slideshow have different colors (actually, mostly brightness and contrast) than when they are displayed in the Viewer, or a third-party viewer. It particularly concerns jpegs developed from raw files, but also jpgs processed in PaintShop Pro. So, as a result, I edit the images and save the copies thinking their colors are optimal only to find out that in the slideshow they are washed-out or just not looking good. I wonder what I am doing wrong. Although I searched the Help and the forum I was not able to find the solution.

Thanks.

Pavel.

Mario

The slide show uses Windows ICM, as does the Viewer and the Quick View panel. The only differenced is that for the Viewer and QVP panel I do it via Windows WIC, and for the Slide Show it's performed via a 3rd party image library as before (since 5.0). If you see color differences, provide more details. Sample image. Color profile used (if you use a monitor profile). Settings you have configured for the graphic card (if you did) etc.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

pajaro

Thanks, Mario. It is strange but I cannot reproduce it now. I guess different color profiles were used for IMatch, PaintShop Pro and the third-party viewer (if something like that is possible?) that caused the differences. In any case all seems all right now. I will re-open the thread if the problem re-appears.

Pavel.

Quote from: Mario on December 22, 2015, 10:14:45 AM
The slide show uses Windows ICM, as does the Viewer and the Quick View panel. The only differenced is that for the Viewer and QVP panel I do it via Windows WIC, and for the Slide Show it's performed via a 3rd party image library as before (since 5.0). If you see color differences, provide more details. Sample image. Color profile used (if you use a monitor profile). Settings you have configured for the graphic card (if you did) etc.

pajaro

So, after all, I was able to reproduce the problem: the image displayed in the Slideshow is darker than the image in the Viewer (images are attached). Similarly, if I use IrfanView or JPEGView, the images look the same as in the Viewer (I did not attach them). As default ICC profile, I use sRGB IEC61966.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

Has the image an embedded profile? Is it marked as sRGB or has no color profile mark at all?
Best: Add a bug report, attach the file. I will look into this for a later release.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

pajaro

Quote from: Mario on December 22, 2015, 04:56:11 PM
Best: Add a bug report, attach the file. I will look into this for a later release.

I will do that. Thanks.