Annotation panel

Started by Azimuth, October 17, 2015, 06:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azimuth

Hi!

I already searched  but didnt find anything that helped: where and how can i access the "Annotation panel "?? I have the german version i dont know wjtas the name. But i already tried out all different options and didnt see anything like adding text or descriptions to jn image.
The help file under "annotations" shows only an open annotations window but never explains how to get there.
Also, the icon it talks of is nowhere toe be found in my IMatch 5.

How and where to find the tool to add text on photos?

thrinn

The help says (see "The Annotation Panel" in the Viewer chapter):

Open the Viewer by selecting an image in a file window and then press Enter to send the file to the viewer.
To work with annotations, make sure the Annotation panel is visible in the Viewer (press T, A on the keyboard).

Even if you work with German language settings, the key sequence will be the same.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

Instead of remembering keyboard shortcuts, you can also right-click somewhere in the Viewer and then use the context menu to show/hide panels.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Azimuth

Hi!

Thanks for the answers. Unfortunately neither the Key-combination nor to right click into the viewer does anything. Nothing happens. I attached a photo what i assume to be the viewer.

I do not get the window as shown in the help system.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jch2103

The panel you show in your screen shot is the Quick View panel, not the Viewer. To open the Viewer, select an image thumbnail and press the Enter key, or right-click it and choose the Viewer from the context menu. 
John

Mario

The Quick View panel you show in your screen shot is designed to quickly show the currently selected file. It has only limited capabilities.

The Viewer is the main feature in IMatch to display, check, cull and generally 'work' with images. If you have not used it yet, check out the Viewer topic in the IMatch help to get an overview over what it does. It can do a lot!

And there is also a Slide Show feature, with automatic blends and stuff.

Tip: If you are new to IMatch, open the help system via the Help menu. On the first page, click on the Visual Index link. This help topic explains all major features in IMatch with short texts and an image. From there you can learn more about the features you are interested in or which may help you to improve your image management workflow.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Azimuth

Dear all,

many thanks for your patience! I finally managed to open the viewer and find the text-area tool with the combination t,a .
By using context menu, the point to use in the german version for using annotations is "Darstellungsoptionen/Anmerkungspanele umschalten".

Many thanks again!

Azimuth

Quote from: Mario on October 18, 2015, 07:17:49 AM

The Viewer is the main feature in IMatch to display, check, cull and generally 'work' with images. If you have not used it yet, check out the Viewer topic in the IMatch help to get an overview over what it does. It can do a lot!

Dear Mario,

The reason i never used the viewer is that i can see only a significantly less number of pictures still too come in the preview band down below compared to the "DIA-main view" or kind of lighttable where i can see many more thumbnails, I usually have a seperate window in a seperate screen for the Quickview and the category-ticker.
Also, as far as i tried out i cannot move the Viewer to a seperate window or screen like i can with the Quickview, so it totally hides the main window with the many thumbnails available. So is there a way to put the Viewer into a single independent window onto a second screen so i can use the Viewer and the main window simultaneously?

Mario

Did you read the Viwer help topic yet?
It explains how to switch the Viewer between full-screen, separate window, panel or workspace mode <F12> key. You can move the Viewer to a separate monitor when you switch it to windowed mode, and then even make it full-screen again on the other monitor.

The Viewer displays whatever files you have selected when you launch it, even hundreds of files. If you show the film strip you can see thumbnails of 20, 30 or more files, and you can scroll this list using the mouse. The Viewer can display 2,4,6 or more files simultaneously, with synchronized panning and zooming even.

Check out the help topic for the Viewer, it explains all that in more detail.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Azimuth

Hi Mario,

yes, i read the viewer help topic. The reason i use the normal view together with the quickview window is that in the normal view i can select as many images as i want and then can assign them to the same category with only one click. I can scroll through many images in the main view and select them and then categorise them with only one click to the same category with the category determiner in a seperate window..

In the Viewer, i only can select just one image at a time which forces me to tick every picture anew in the category.
Another smaller reason is that i need a doubleclick to send a pic to the viewer while with Quickview and the normal view together everything just needs one click.

Mario

Well, the Viewer and the File Window are designed with different purposes. For batch processing, metadata editing etc. the file window is better. You can send files to the Viewer just by pressing <Enter>, if you don't like the double-click. The functionality available in the Viewer for working with annotations are not available in the Quick View panel.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator