Author Topic: Copy/Move script to usewith right-click (or Favorite)  (Read 2046 times)

ubacher

• Oldtimer
Copy/Move script to usewith right-click (or Favorite)
« on: September 11, 2015, 08:11:21 PM »
I am posting this to help StanRohrer who is looking for a Copy/Move option a la IM3. (Topic 4781)

The attached script present you with a drop-down menu. Options are COPY (will ask for directory), COPY to previously used directory,
MOVE (will ask for directory) and MOVE to previously used directory.
I have it appear in the File window context menu so that I can use it by right-clicking the thumbnail.

I only allow unique file names in my db so I append "_copy" to files I copy in the script.
To disable this functionality just remove the line:
Code: [Select]
Database.RenameFile (fcopy(1),f.Name+"_copy"+f.Ext)

For frequent copies to a fixed destination I use a RENAMER preset which I call from Favorites.

Improvements welcome.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Copy/Move script to usewith right-click (or Favorite)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 08:18:57 PM »
FYI: The same functionality is already available via the Folder History in the Favorites panel.

DavidOfMA

• Writer/Photographer/Therapist
Re: Copy/Move script to usewith right-click (or Favorite)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 06:06:33 PM »
Thanks for this handy right-click way to copy or move a file. If you are ever inclined to enhance it, it would be nice to have it remember not only the most recent folder, but a configurable number of prior copy or move destinations. I know, as Mario says, that this further duplicates functionality already present in IMatch, but it's much quicker to do a right-click copy than to select and use the folder history when you have only a few set destinations you copy to. It's been a very long time since I did any programming or I'd do this myself.

David