Annoying help behavior

Started by Carlo Didier, March 25, 2015, 01:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Didier

Can anybody reproduce this (dual monitor setup)?
Open iMatch on one monitor. Open the help on the other monitor. So far, so good, I can have the help and iMatch side by side on different monitors.
Now comes the problem. I also often need the help when editing scripts. So then I have the help on one monitor and the script editor on the other one. Unfortunately, as soon as the help screen gets the focus (when I click there, even just to scroll it) one one monitor, on the other monitor, my script editor vanishes into the background and the iMatch main screen comes up front. To get back to the script editor I have to click on it in the task bar.
Very annoying!

Mario

This is how WinHelp works when you open it from within IMatch. A Microsoft framework issue. I tried to change it but no way.

Solutions:

+ Minimize the help to the tray.
+ Open the help via the IMatch program group or via a shortcut you create yourself.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Carlo Didier

Quote from: Mario on March 25, 2015, 01:32:58 PM+ Open the help via the IMatch program group or via a shortcut you create yourself.

Good solution. Thanks!

Aubrey

I drag the help shortcut to the Start button on bottom left and then position it at the top of start (again by dragging) This means its always readily accessible.

Aubrey.