Author Topic: Ted's Stack Em Script  (Read 1812 times)

Ted

Ted's Stack Em Script
« on: December 09, 2014, 06:12:05 PM »
This is my first script posting, but I hope it is helpful to someone.

Background
I have used the IMatch5 Stack command on most of my images.  I have three types of stacks:
  1) Stacks with a JPG and NEF (Nikon's raw format)
  2) Stacks with a DNG and JPG (when raw photos are not produced by the camera I create the DNG)
  3) Stacks of all photos in a Panorama.
Problem
  1) Type 1 images can be auto stacked using IMatch5's Stack command and {File.name} with sort sequence of 'Default'.  This places the JPG image as the 'Top' image of the stack, which is where I want it. 
  2) Type 2 could be done the same as type 1, but I'd have to reverse the sort sequence - and therefore I couldn't do it at the same time as type 1.
  3) Type 3 has to be done manually using IMatch 5.

Solution (at least for me)
I solved the problem in two steps:
  1) I placed all images in a given panorama into a unique category group, '@Keywords|Panorama|'.  I name my panorama image with the name of the first image followed with (n), where n is the number of images in the panorama (This also makes it sort first and allows me to make the JPG of the panorama to be the top of the stack.) So image001(2) and all images associated with that pan would be placed in category '@Keywords|Panorama|image001(2)'; image002(15) and all images associated with that pan would be placed in category '@Keywords|Panorama|image002(15)', etc.
  2) I wrote a script to stack all images.  The script looks only at images that are highlighted, but note that only one image of a stack needs to be highlighted in order to stack it.  There is no problem in highlighting all images to be stacked.  Also note that no existing stacks are modified or deleted by this script.
    The script looks at each image highlighted.  If it is already in a stack, the image is ignored and the script looks to see if there is another image highlighted. 
   If not in a stack, it then looks to see if the image is in group '@Keywords|Panorama|' - if so, then it looks for all other images (even non-highlighted ones) in that same group, sorts them and creates a stack - using the first JPG image as the top.
   If not in group '@Keywords|Panorama|', the script looks for other images with the same filename, but with different extension.  If found, it stacks them, using the JPG image as the top.

While your naming conventions and needs may be different from mine, I hope that you will be able to modify this script to meet your needs.

[attachment deleted by admin]
-----
Ted
Enjoying life one day at a time.