Author Topic: Problems with Photoshop CS Image Processor script in both Imatch 5 and 3.6  (Read 4172 times)

DavidOfMA

• Writer/Photographer/Therapist
Recently, I have been  unable to run Ferdinand's Photoshop CS Image Processor script in either IMatch 5 or 3.6. The script dialog box comes  up, I select a preset and start processing. It calls up Photoshop and then immediately errors. In IMatch 5, the first error occurs in the line  "Set solidColorRef = CreateObject("Photoshop.SolidColor")" and is: [10095]ActiveX Automation: server could not be found. If I comment that line out and restart the script, it errors again on the next line, "Set jpgSaveOptions = CreateObject("Photoshop.JPEGSaveOptions")" with the same error message.

I have been using the IMatch 3.6 version for many years, so something on my system must have changed to cause this, but I have no idea how to fix it. Any help appreciated.

Also, assuming I do get it running on IMatch 5, how do I transfer metadata from the original image to the copy the script creates? In IMatch 3.6, there was a Copy Metadata checkbox, but this has been removed. I assume there is a way to get this to happen using Versioning, but I haven't been able to figure it out and would appreciate a pointer. I am particularly interested in transferring Attributes and Categories.

Thanks,
David

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Problems with Photoshop CS Image Processor script in both Imatch 5 and 3.6
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 07:47:37 PM »
Sounds like Adobe has changed their scripting object model again, and thus all scripts which access the Photoshop object model would need to be updated to support the new Adobe scripting model. That's not an IMatch problem.

I don't know what Ferdinand's script does in detail, but I think you may want to look into all the new features IMatch supports natively, especially when it comes to propagating metadata between versions.

DavidOfMA

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 09:25:41 PM »
Thanks. I haven't updated Photoshop since CS6, so it doesn't seem like that is the problem -- although I did install InDesign CC -- could that be the issue, even though CS6 works as it always has?

I have been trying to wrap my mind around versioning, but so far I can't see a way to automatically apply categories and other metadata to versions unless those versions are in the same folder. Where is this documented or, if it isn't, how do I do it? When I create a version of a file using the batch processor and tell IMatch to update versioning information, the categories are not propagated from the master to the version.

Thanks,
David

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 07:53:34 AM »
Start by reading the help topic on file relations.
Just press <F1> while you are in the Edit > Preferences > File Relations dialog.

IMatch can also find versions in other folders, you only need to tell it where to search.
If IMatch does not propagate categories, make sure that a) the versions are found (look at the icons in the file window) and that b) category propagation is enabled for your version rule and that c) the categories you want to propagate are checked in the version rule. See the help topic mentioned above for details.

Ferdinand

• 100 years since I was shot and a war was started
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 08:56:33 AM »
Recently, I have been  unable to run Ferdinand's Photoshop CS Image Processor script in either IMatch 5 or 3.6. The script dialog box comes  up, I select a preset and start processing. It calls up Photoshop and then immediately errors. In IMatch 5, the first error occurs in the line  "Set solidColorRef = CreateObject("Photoshop.SolidColor")" and is: [10095]ActiveX Automation: server could not be found. If I comment that line out and restart the script, it errors again on the next line, "Set jpgSaveOptions = CreateObject("Photoshop.JPEGSaveOptions")" with the same error message.

This rings a bell, but I just checked the code in the version that I'm currently using vs the zip that's available for download and I can't see any changes related to this.

The bell that's ringing may be this thread:
     https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=2766.0
In this thread you will read that there have been issues in running scripts with different versions of Adobe products installed.  I suspect that having both CS6 and CC installed causes issues, esp on the distinction between 32 bit and 64 bit.

My suggestion would be to uninstall and reinstall versions from the same family.

DavidOfMA

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 03:48:29 PM »
Thanks for the pointer to the other thread. It looks as if installing InDesign CC 2014, which I have only in 64-bit, is somehow causing a problem. When I'm not currently using it, I will try uninstalling it to see if that fixes the Photoshop script problem. I use your script all the time, but alternatively I will see if the batch processor is sufficient for my needs in Imatch 5. The new batch processor may offer enough control over sharpness and color space for my purposes.

David

Ferdinand

• 100 years since I was shot and a war was started
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 11:42:22 PM »
The new batch processor may offer enough control over sharpness and color space for my purposes.

It may do.  I'd be interested in your findings.  Colour space issues was one reason why I wrote my script many years ago, but that doesn't apply any more.  I've got a couple of aspects of my workflow relating to how a logo gets applied to an image that still make my script useful for me.

I have a creative cloud subscription but I have refrained from upgrading to CC or CC2014 precisely because of these issues (other than premier pro for video, which didn't seem to cause a problem).  I guess I should upgrade one day and sort them out.  I think what I'd do, based on that other thread, is uninstall everything and install CC2014 versions.